U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 10:53 AM

11,064 posts, read 8,986,001 times

Advertisements

I'm 36 and wear whatever I want. I stopped caring what others thought of me a long time ago. I dress appropriately at work but when I'm not at work, anything goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 11:25 AM

3,012 posts, read 1,810,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Ya know, I like the style that you describe, and my husband dresses like that most of the time. He's 30.

Yet, I still think he looks sexy with his jeans (loose fit, not too baggy and definitely NOT skinny jeans), band T-shirts and New Balances.

I wouldn't worry so much about what other people wear, though. Who really cares?

Old 04-21-2015, 05:41 AM

2,775 posts, read 2,578,951 times
OP - has it ever occurred to you that on the inside we all feel like we are still children? Just because our bodies are aging and marching towards death doesn't mean that we should stop being who we are are on the inside. Anyhow, 25 is hardly a point at which people mysteriously become "grown up" and should act differently.

How about this... how about we all wear what we want and stop judging each other with such shallow and subjective criteria?

Old 04-21-2015, 05:54 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,843,280 times
Nope. Don't agree. Grown men can wear what they want. Am in my fifties and had a pair of Converse shoes that wore out about 6 months ago. Wore them to go walking. Comfortable but I wouldn't run in them. Use to have Converse as a teen in gym class high school (early 70s). Have recently worn t-shirts with logos, albeit NOT with popular sayings, when lazing around. Never was a "wife beater" fan. The only skinny jeans I get is when I throw my Carhartts into the dryer and wear them for the first time. Ugh, too tight and uncomfortable. You can keep skinny jeans. As well as the baggy ones. Also have button-up shirts and some polos. As you can tell, I dress for comfort and when the occasion calls for it, formality. And I don't care what other people think.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:16 AM

1,763 posts, read 1,170,126 times
Hmmmmmm...... men over the age of 25, and women too for that matter, should wear whatever they want.

Besides, I like those types of shoes!

Old 04-21-2015, 10:19 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,482,539 times
what about women? I still wear converse / vans.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:42 PM

14,507 posts, read 11,481,746 times
What I dont like are people who look silly in certain clothes .. not an age thing more that they cant get away with it.. while others can.... I took a photo of a man in his late forties wearing black tight jeans , a black t shirt and cowboy hat recently... he looked great because he was very tall and carried it off.. while someone stocky or short couldnt have...

Old 04-22-2015, 02:16 PM

3,417 posts, read 2,895,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes.
LMAO.

Nothing like some nice Chucks. Even Larry David can be seen walking around in Chucks. Comfort, style and timeliness.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:10 PM

13,491 posts, read 11,027,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
what about women? I still wear converse / vans.
I wear my John Varvatos All-Stars chucks to the gym for squatting; got to look good while building leg muscle

Seriously, a lot of guys use chucks for squatting.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:02 AM

14,790 posts, read 13,482,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I wear my John Varvatos All-Stars chucks to the gym for squatting; got to look good while building leg muscle

Seriously, a lot of guys use chucks for squatting.
yep. I've had a pair or two of converse forever...
people should wear what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or