U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 04:19 AM

11,686 posts, read 13,083,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Another jerkwad "fashion" post....and yet again, the paranoia about looking "homosexual." Only in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:14 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,629,872 times
Quote:
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Lmao no just no.

At the end of the day, you wear what you buy. If I want to go out and buy RED & YELLOW chucks then so be it, you're not putting money in my pockets.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:54 AM

223 posts, read 280,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Nobody said you can't. Grown men can wear pampers and carry a baby bottle for all we care. Just saying it looks ridiculous.

It was the OP who said you can't. I actually agree with what he said about skinny jeans, minus the anti-gay hysteria. I think they look ridiculous, but I have better things to worry about than whether a or not another guy is wearing them. The day I have enough time to obsess over the other people's fashion choices that don't effect my life one way or the other is the day I will seek out another hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Another jerkwad "fashion" post....and yet again, the paranoia about looking "homosexual." Only in America.
Well, to be fair, the OP's username is a reference to the president of the confederacy. I would expect most 21st century sensibilities like seeing gay people as normal human beings to be "radical" and "scary" to him.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:55 PM

857 posts, read 724,371 times
I don't wear flipflops, but as I'm looking down the barrel of another scorching inland California summer, you'll never get me to stop wearing sandals. I'm 58.

Not that I won't wear shoes when dictated by the situation, but otherwise, no.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 AM

74 posts, read 61,773 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?

this is a troll topic. Reminds me of something I watched on reruns of Leave It To Beaver.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:11 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,720,817 times
I didn't bother to read the entire thread, but unless the OP is going to fit the bill to clothe other people, he really has no say-so in how other people dress.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:41 AM

609 posts, read 448,834 times
I actually have to agree. Whenever I see a 40+ yr old guy wearing converse I already don't take him seriously. Even I would feel ridiculous wearing those in my mid 20s

Old 05-02-2015, 04:26 PM

5,945 posts, read 3,068,590 times
come on, many people are still students at the age of 25. I mean, thinking that someone who is 25 is not young anymore is a bit ridiculous.

Also, casual clothing does not equal bad clothing style.

And what with all the youngsters now wearing docksides or car shoes with cardigans ?

Also, if you think everyone else dresses badly, at least that makes you stand out more.

I'm in my mid-30s and still wear sneakers with hooded sweatshirts most of the time. That said I almost always wear (casual) buttons-up as well because I think i look better with a collar, but that's just me.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,384,504 times
didnt know cats wore converse period

op sounds loony, well except for the skinny jeans part..haha

Old 05-02-2015, 10:48 PM

1,850 posts, read 2,347,702 times
Men dress like that because we live in a society in which there is a very blurry line that separates adults from children. It's hard tell whom is whom anymore.

In addition, men are not as concerned with their appearances as they once were. This isn't a good thing. It is for me because I get complemented for my style of dress.

Vans and Converses....haha Not me.

Quote:

Anyone else agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or