Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2017, 11:20 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,100,420 times

Advertisements

People who worry about what others wear don't have enough to occupy their time. Fashion, as Oscar Wilde said, is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

My attitude? Sod it. I'll wear what I like and damn the consequences. My one rule is that no KISS T-shirt I'm prepared to be seen wearing should have Peter Criss's face on it. Worst. Drummer. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 11:49 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,888,030 times
I agree. My Cookie Monster t-shirt seems to be affecting my dating life

Old 04-15-2017, 11:50 PM

1,517 posts, read 981,116 times
Quote:
I had PF Flyers as a kid. I'd love to see a pair today. I can barely remember what they looked lik

Basically like chucks but constructed better & way more comfortable.

[url]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012VJA70/[/url]

Old 04-16-2017, 12:14 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,276,715 times
My only experience with PF flyers is from the movie sandlot when Benny "the jet" Rodriguez straps them on to out run the beast. So cool. I want some.

When I worked construction I loved vans and other types of skateboarding shoes. When you're walking across a 2x6 30 feet up in the air some nice skateboarding type shoes are much easier to balance than silly cumbersome work boots. I could literally run circles around people in work boots framing and roofing. They also are great for roofs since they don't mar up the shingles like a boot or other shoe would and have great grip. You can also slip them on and off a lot easier than many shoes and you dot necessarily have to tie them, but you can tie them tight if you want. Not a bad combo for certain situations. I don't own a pair anymore as I don't really have a need but I think they look alright in any person of any age. I probably wouldn't fork out a bunch of $ for some vans, but wouldn't mind finding a pair or knockoff cheaper skateboarding shoes for certain times.

I'd be more manly than the OP wearing any type of shoe .

Old 04-16-2017, 12:16 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,924,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttark View Post

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012VJA70/
PF Flyers are now owned by New Balance.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:20 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,905,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttark View Post

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012VJA70/
Thanks!

Old 04-16-2017, 04:15 PM

545 posts, read 591,171 times
I personally like to wear flowing outfits that are very classic in style...Greek style tunics and Roman togas are just SOO comfy!!

Old 04-18-2017, 09:31 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,358,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
My only experience with PF flyers is from the movie sandlot when Benny "the jet" Rodriguez straps them on to out run the beast. So cool. I want some.

When I worked construction I loved vans and other types of skateboarding shoes. When you're walking across a 2x6 30 feet up in the air some nice skateboarding type shoes are much easier to balance than silly cumbersome work boots. I could literally run circles around people in work boots framing and roofing. They also are great for roofs since they don't mar up the shingles like a boot or other shoe would and have great grip. You can also slip them on and off a lot easier than many shoes and you dot necessarily have to tie them, but you can tie them tight if you want. Not a bad combo for certain situations. I don't own a pair anymore as I don't really have a need but I think they look alright in any person of any age. I probably wouldn't fork out a bunch of $ for some vans, but wouldn't mind finding a pair or knockoff cheaper skateboarding shoes for certain times.

I'd be more manly than the OP wearing any type of shoe .
Good post, clearly there are certain real-life instances besides skateboarding where a completely flat shoe has its applications!

Also, it's much, much harder to roll your ankle in certain type of designs. I have one pair of shoes that are too rounded on the edges and I rolled my ankle in those so often I stopped wearing them.

Even if the sole of the shoe is more ergonomic than a Vans/Converse, just having sharper edges (more 90 degree angle) makes a big difference. Most men's dress shoes's are like this...pretty hard to roll your ankle in them.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:55 AM

4,846 posts, read 3,618,187 times
Hummm....I'm a 60 year old woman and I wear my Nike Lunarsandiators (4 pr) at least once a week. Also my Nike tennis shoes kept perfectly white, and some Steve Madden high tops.

I am not homosexual, either.

#sorrynotsorry

Old 04-18-2017, 11:57 AM

4,846 posts, read 3,618,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, it reminds me of a psychology conference I attended one year. The dress was business causal. Most of the PhDs were in suits and the like but one was in boots, pale jeans and denim jacket, an open neck white shirt underneath. He was a psychologist, a grizzled older man, from West Texas and out there, I suppose that business causal for him.

For whatever reason (the heat, made his patients comfortable, it worked for him), that was his approach to how to be dressed.

Sounds delish....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty