U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 03:21 PM

16,416 posts, read 25,206,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Beings 26 year old guy.. I agree 100% with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 03:22 PM

2,725 posts, read 3,962,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FionaMarlowe View Post
"I can't see myself looking "old" already. Especially since I don't really look or feel like it." - SupermanPansy

I think that's the key, really. Probably a big part of what looks good (within reason) and what doesn't on many men is how they carry themselves.

I still think there are a few things that look bad on any guy, as mentioned earlier...

... but if my boyfriend, who pretty much always dresses cool (we're both just past 30) suddenly started wearing button-downs and khakis and tasseled loafers, he'd look... weird.

Amen sister! Even when I jump to forty, which is rearing its ugly head quick, IMO, I'll still be dressing "cool", for lack of a better word. Button down shirts just don't get put on me unless I'm working some type of office job. Even then, I'd try to get by with a sweater if I could. I've just never felt comfortable at all in those types of clothes. Perhaps I'm too immature to some. I prefer to call it young at heart, or just who I am!

Old 10-24-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I guess. My bf wears jeans or shorts and usually a Nautica t shirt. He likes the way they fit. I am fine with that. He throws on a pair of New Balance tennis shoes.

I either wear my Harley boots or my tennis shoes.

I really don't see the big deal. Some people are actually attracted to those type of men and they actually are what they are looking for. It doesn't mean that they don't have a job or aren't capable of a meaningful conversation.

This is wear people being so judgmental causes a problem. None of us knows who any person is, no matter what clothing they are wearing, or even if they have visible tattoos. Not until we sit down and have a conversation with them.

I have met a lot of wonderful people that way. Cast your judgment aside and see the person.
We are all going to hel l for wearing hoodies!!!!

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-24-2013 at 04:04 PM..

Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM

134 posts, read 177,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
By the by, Converse has been making sneakers since 1917 and Chucks have been around since 1927 when Charles "Chuck" Taylor signed on with Converse in 1923. They were G.I. issue starting in WWII and at least the 1970's when I was issued a pair in boot camp. As far as I am concerned they are as classic a look as the wingtips or "Gucci" loafer.
Ha. You said it.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,828,627 times
<sitting at work in NYC in my bright blue Chucks and skinny jeans>
I'm 49.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:33 PM

577 posts, read 646,833 times
"Do you like it? Is it comfy? Yes?

Then balls to them!"

Old 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,057,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Beings 26 year old guy.. I agree 100% with you
Are you one of those kids who is embarrassed because their parents are cooler than they are? Just wondering because my 22 year old went through that faze until she recognized that all of her friends were right and she was wrong... I am very cool.

The exact quote was "all of my friends think that you are so cool...I don't get it" to which I replied, "you have to be cool to recognize coolness " She has changed here ways and now recognizes my genetic coolness and shares my fondness for Ray Ban Wayfarers. I think between the two of us we own a half dozen pairs.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:54 PM

9,312 posts, read 11,148,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Whew sounds like Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air just made his post!

I wear all sorts of clothes, I ride a skateboard and could care less what others think about what I wear. I own more pairs of flip flops than dress shoes and easily have more t-shirts/shorts than long pants/button down shirts by far.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Whew sounds like Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air just made his post!

I wear all sorts of clothes, I ride a skateboard and could care less what others think about what I wear. I own more pairs of flip flops than dress shoes and easily have more t-shirts/shorts than long pants/button down shirts by far.

Funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Old 10-24-2013, 04:06 PM

5,945 posts, read 12,721,568 times
We call converse chucks and my hubby and I have matching pairs. We are also sooooo not 25...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or