Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 AM

170 posts, read 202,416 times

Advertisements

Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 06:07 AM

17,574 posts, read 45,971,621 times
Damn. I didn't realize how low brow and immature I was. Thanks for letting me know.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:07 AM

16,881 posts, read 15,995,876 times
OP - Wow, is your mind really, really messed up.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,754,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes.

Huh? You missed the only insidious one. Flip-flops.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:24 AM

17,574 posts, read 45,971,621 times
And I have never even heard of "monks" or "derbies" as shoe types. That probably puts me on a whole new level of low brow.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:39 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,360,101 times
Quote:
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
So let me get this straight, your against any perceived wearable symbols of youth and your comparing certain types of jeans to appearing as a segment of male society that arguably dresses the most stylish out of anyone else who's male? Got it!!

I'll let you in on a few things, I dress very very well and love clothing as much if not more than my wife does.
I drape myself in monogrammed broadcloth dress shirts and wear many tailored suits.
I shop for my casual clothing at Lacoste, Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers.

I also enjoy downhill skateboarding on a long board and wear Vans Off The Wall shoes on and off the board.

I'm 47 years old.

Answer this question please Jefferson Davis, why are you threatened by cool sneakers and gay men?

There's some things you need to address concerning yourself prior to questioning others.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:39 AM

22,236 posts, read 47,157,925 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?

Hahahaha!

No, I do not agree.

How old are YOU? And what the heck are monks and derbies?

Old 10-24-2013, 07:48 AM

586 posts, read 826,760 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?
Your a cheerful bunny aren't you..

Old 10-24-2013, 08:07 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,869,426 times
Disagree.

I am 36. My typical attire when I am not up to anything is t-shirts (or maybe a sports jersey if tied to a sporting event), regular jeans, and sneakers (running sneakers, partially because I run 4 miles daily).

For just kicking around the house, the store, etc, I see no reason to be wearing polos, button up shirts, fancier shoes, etc. I see no problem with this level of casualness for adults as long as the situation doesn't call for anything fancier.

I do have some nicer stuff. I generally wear shirt, tie, slacks, etc, to work. Also, on date nights with my wife, I might wear button up casual shirts, kakhis, etc.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 AM

981 posts, read 2,697,153 times
So because I'm over 25 i should be going jogging in my Rockports and a suit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty