Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyst View Post
usually the jeans are paired with a jacket

Horrible horrible look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,624,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Who dresses like that for everyday clothing and footwear? Maybe to work if they are in an office that requires a business casual look, but for outside of work, give me a break! Who wears loafers and button down shirts for going shopping, or going out for a stroll through the neighborhood? In fact, who wears loafers at all anymore?
Things like Converse shoes and T-shirts are perfectly acceptable at all ages in a casual environment.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:53 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
I think polo shirts are horrific. I would like to destroy the few polos (remnants of old cubicle farm jobs) in my fiance's closet, thanks very much. IMO, polo shirts = fast food/convenience store clerk uniforms, or random business casual office issue.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:58 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc3565 View Post
So because I'm over 25 i should be going jogging in my Rockports and a suit?
Yes! What's wrong with you? Why are you not already, and it better be a good explanation Mr.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:07 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,178,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I think polo shirts are horrific. I would like to destroy the few polos (remnants of old cubicle farm jobs) in my fiance's closet, thanks very much. IMO, polo shirts = fast food/convenience store clerk uniforms, or random business casual office issue.
And tell us please, what's wrong with someone that has to be in a fast food/convenience store uniform? Or works in a random business casual office (whatever that is)??

At least they might have a job.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 AM

192 posts, read 326,271 times
Cheers to the op as I had my laugh of the day when i read the thread title haha.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:13 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc3565 View Post
So because I'm over 25 i should be going jogging in my Rockports and a suit?

For vacation wear ... a pair of wingtips with black socks , T-shirt and shorts!

Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,890,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?

I'm 56, retired and dress however the hell I want. I am currently wearing lounging/pajama bottoms, T-shirt with NASCAR racing graphics all over it, an REI fleece jacket and a pair of camo Crocs.
I may change into a pair of cargo shorts and a sweatshirt later and wear my black SAS pull on loafers with or without low cut Starter socks in my choice of three colors.

When I play music with friends I wear anything I feel like according to the weather. I own a pair of Propet walking shoes at present and don't like Chucks. I am looking for a pair of New Balance cross trainers to complete my 'slum' wardrobe. I also have a beard that could be described as scraggly but my dog doesn't care. My jeans are nothing fancy and I drive a 20 year old Chevy truck in show condition daily.

I have dockers, oxfords, numerous ties and sports coats if I have need for them but that is rare unless I attend receptions at art galleries or other social events.

You have a problem with life.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,927 times
you forgot to mention tattoos, having old tattoos from your younger days also look inappropriate as people age and become middle age

those old skate boarder or tribal tattoos arent going to look right when your not a young man anymore, especially people who have the large neck tattoos that cant be covered

the thing about clothing is it can be changed instantly, but tats are for life and when they are no longer cool or in style with your lifestyle later on in life they will look just as silly as those imature teen agers / college kid fashions

Old 10-24-2013, 10:27 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

Throw out the "random business casual office" attire part, and I'm in full agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty