Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:04 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

But who is to determine what people should wear? I will be 40 in a couple of months and I certainly don't wear clothes from the junior department, but I am wearing a t shirt with Spock on it. I could care less what people think about my t shirt.

OOOH, and there are tattoos under my shirt too. Just awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 AM

134 posts, read 224,731 times
Dressing "cool" has no age limit...

(Please see: Patrick Stewart, Bryan Ferry, Wes Anderson, Anthony Bourdain, Daniel Craig, Tim Gunn, etc.)

... and tacky is tacky, no matter what your age...

(Please see: tank tops on men in public, socks with sandals and shorts, pajama bottoms out of the house, etc.)

Old 10-24-2013, 11:10 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
I am 63 and wear levis tennis shoes of any brand that fits, and a black T shirt with pocket.
I NEVER wear button down any thing ever .
My leather jacket zips up, and leather chaps zip down to my leather boots that zip up.
Yes I ride motorcycle (not with a group) no labels .
For fun I have Scrat suspended on my rear bag looking like he is leaping after me.
Live should be fun.
I wear different hats for the jobs I'm doing, and the appropriate safety equipment for the job at hand.
But me dressing up is T shirt and levis and tennis shoes. Even to church .

Old 10-24-2013, 11:19 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I am wearing a t shirt with Spock on it. I could care less what people think about my t shirt.
Are you a CS, math, or engineering nerd. If so, welcome to my team .

Old 10-24-2013, 11:48 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times
I actually agree with OP to an extent. Nothing is more off putting to me than seeing grown man wearing certain types of clothing. You are an adult. Dress like it.

I can understand game day, a pick up game, or just hanging around the house with friends. But dressing like that on a regular basis is not attractive to me and yes, I see it often on men over 40.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 AM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
But dressing like that on a regular basis is not attractive to me and yes, I see it often on men over 40.
But the OP wants anyone 25 or older to be dressing like an older man....

and the OP still hasn't stated their age.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:18 PM

420 posts, read 697,709 times
Man please. A cupla years back I saw a 70+ year old white dude walking into B&N in Mnhtn wearing a faded 2Pac t-shirt. I remember thinking this guy looks sick! (in a good way). About a half hour later I doubled back into the store and I saw everyone hailing him up and random people asking to take pics with him.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:22 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
I actually agree with OP to an extent. Nothing is more off putting to me than seeing grown man wearing certain types of clothing. You are an adult. Dress like it.

I can understand game day, a pick up game, or just hanging around the house with friends. But dressing like that on a regular basis is not attractive to me and yes, I see it often on men over 40.
I wonder how many of those men care.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:24 PM

420 posts, read 697,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
But the OP wants anyone 25 or older to be dressing like an older man....

and the OP still hasn't stated their age.
People usually type those things when they have an axe to grind. I'm sure his 'other' was probly picked from his tree by someone dressed like a skaterat. Can't be too tight ass in life, homeboy.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:

Sure, dress like an adult, but in what world is wearing polos and button-ups the sole uniform of adulthood?

I've been an adult for a great many years, and don't own a single button-up blouse. Not my style. I can and do dress age-appropriately, however. Thank God that button placket shirts are not the universal standard for "grown up clothes."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty