Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 04:53 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,869,784 times

Advertisements

what about airwalks? Not many comfortable shoes go with cargo shorts. Typically I'm in sandals, but when I need to walk a lot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 06:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
shoes that look like you came from compton
Is there something inherently wrong with being from Compton or am I missing something? And while we are on the topic, what does someone from Compton look like?

Old 10-25-2013, 06:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
I'm sorry
You said it, I didn't

Quote:
"Chucks" are not classic or classy.
A style that has endured for 86 years is by any definition classic.

(these people pissed me off so bad I order a custom pair of Chucks)

Old 10-25-2013, 06:21 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,336,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You said it, I didn't

A style that has endured for 86 years is by any definition classic.

(these people pissed me off so bad I order a custom pair of Chucks)
I love Chucks. I really liked the new different colored and designs ones but I luckily tried some on before I ordered a pair. Not good for flat feet and poo to that!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:18 PM

993 posts, read 1,559,481 times
While we're arbitrarily listing our preferences: men over the age of 16 should not have shaggy hair.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:03 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,886,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I wonder how many of those men care.

I certainly don't and dress however I want, whenever I want. Right now I have on Old Navy jeana, a plaid linen short sleeve button up shirt I got at Target decades ago and Propet sneaks sans socks. My feet will probably smell a little when I remove my shoes. Not bad, just the normal foot smell. I am also wearing Hanes blue boxer briefs without tags. And Magnivision reading glasses!!!

I am damned near ghetto!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 10:20 PM

290 posts, read 366,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?
Better throw out any music, books, movies, or artistic stuff in your house from the middle 20th century onward. The majority of the people who made it wear (or wore) the type of casual dress you despise. If you really want to take a stand, you certainly wouldn't support any type of expression made by the low-lifes over 25 who wear sneakers, jeans, or t-shirts.

If you have any friends, co-workers, bosses, or family over 25 who dress in the way you find repulsive, better let them know where you stand too. Tell them they are not grown men, they are low-class, and they wear clothing for children. I'm confident they will appreciate your wisdom and swiftly correct the error of their ways.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:35 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,894,251 times
I've read only the first and last pages of this thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating other posters' points.

The original poster seems not to make any allowances for different levels of formality in dress depending on what situation one is in. Take the whole T-shirt business, for example. I am male, 69. If I am simply going to the grocery store, I see nothing wrong with wearing a T-shirt with some graphics relating to one of my hobbies (bicycling was a major hobby for years, and I have lots of T-shirts from various bicycle races. But actually I am rather conservative in dress, because when I have to meet the public in an official capacity I prefer a dress shirt and tie.

Another variable to take into account is the section of the country and its prevailing standards. I live in Southern California, where the prevailing standards are rather loose and flexible. To me, the OP appears rigid and dogmatic - too hung up on exacting standards of dress. And to repeat, I am not some slob or hippie.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:41 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,886,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BadGuy View Post
Better throw out any music, books, movies, or artistic stuff in your house from the middle 20th century onward. The majority of the people who made it wear (or wore) the type of casual dress you despise. If you really want to take a stand, you certainly wouldn't support any type of expression made by the low-lifes over 25 who wear sneakers, jeans, or t-shirts.

If you have any friends, co-workers, bosses, or family over 25 who dress in the way you find repulsive, better let them know where you stand too. Tell them they are not grown men, they are low-class, and they wear clothing for children. I'm confident they will appreciate your wisdom and swiftly correct the error of their ways.

Aren't 25 year old people still 'kids'? I am more than twice that age and dress as an infant if the OP are fashion specifications I am to adhere to.
Raise the age limit to 30.
I love camo crocs...I wear them with socks.

That's my best Dr Seuss.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:27 PM

169 posts, read 828,888 times
@OP: Now what is your opinion of what women over 25 should be wearing? Once they hit this age should they strictly be wearing pant suits, pencil skirts, turtle necks, cardigans and flats? Or is it totally fine for a woman in her 40s to be shopping in the juniors department and wear a skin tight mini dress with 6 inch heels? *sarcasm here, obviously * You stated you're 52. Looking at those god awful pictures you posted of derbies and monks, they look like shoes a guy in his 50s or older would be wearing. I honestly can't even see the wall street types in their late 20s to early 30s wearing them. Considering the average life span in america is 76 or so, why should a man start dressing in such a stiff way at 25? There are so many fashion options!

Clothing choice alone can not determine ones maturity or responsibility level. It's disgusting how much we judge upon stupid things. I saw tattoo's come up in this thread. That's another thing that irks me. Although tattoo's have become mainstream, having them apparently makes you a low class loser.

I'll set up a scenario - for example, somebody with this ignorant mindset could look at 2 different women with children - 1 with sleeves, the other with no tattoo's. Immediately people will say the non tattooed mom is a better mom, the non tattooed mom must be highly educated. On the other hand, the tattooed mom must be on drugs, is white trash, etc etc. When in reality, that tatted up chick busts her ass working 3 jobs to support her kids while the non tattooed mom gets wasted and verbally abuses her kids. With the exception of gangbangers, appearance has NOTHING to do with a persons value, class, maturity, responsibility, work ethic, etc. Clothing, tattoo's, whatever the case is, stop being so judgemental. Guys who are 27 and rock a pair of converse aren't doing anything to interfere with your life. Tattoo's on another persons body does not harm you in any way. So basically, **** and learn acceptance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty