U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 02:46 PM

5,412 posts, read 8,283,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Wait a minute.....

WTF?

Denim "of course"????

Are denim skirts mandatory where you are?

I've never owned one in my life, nor did I plan to...
LMAO... "Denim of course"... That is so funny... Is that some local custom somewhere? Is this a western thing? Long denim skirts with cowboy boots?

I don't think I've ever worn a denim skirt either, not that I have anything against it. I do wear all kinds of skirts though - cotton, wool, silk, print, sequined, leather, long, mini.... just not denim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 02:47 PM

5,412 posts, read 8,283,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
wow she's hot!!!!!!! isn't that Helen Mearan? (sp?)
Yes, Helen Mirren - she looks great for 63!

Old 10-30-2013, 02:52 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,515,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Some 33 year olds don't look that good..and they have estrogen, firm muscle tone, and time on their side! I understand the fabulous Ms. Mirren is not typical of the over 40 set..but: I say this often: Men who consider themselves "too good" or too "whatever" to give older women at least a chance, are missing out!

Old 10-30-2013, 02:54 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,515,429 times
Quote:
All I can say is...

http://www.lostartofbeingadame.com/w.../04/772965.jpg

Not perfect, but this 63 y.o. in pink bikini looks better than some 20 year olds out there on the beach...
ANOTHER stereotype bites the dust.....

Old 10-30-2013, 03:37 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,145,594 times
good for you TRosa.. I wear orange too- denim skirts ONLY long ones with boots

Old 10-31-2013, 09:54 AM

30,423 posts, read 9,097,651 times
Quote:
All I can say is...

http://www.lostartofbeingadame.com/w.../04/772965.jpg

Not perfect, but this 63 y.o. in pink bikini looks better than some 20 year olds out there on the beach...

I agree that Helen Mirren looks better than some 20-year olds who look like a stack of waffles in their bikinis, but....

Her pic is exactly why I like candid shots rather than those in which celebs wearing sunglasses spot the cameras and pose. In other words, gimmeabreak with the Gilligan's "I'm-looking-out-over-the-sea" stance which stretches just about everything in the middle.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:25 AM

8,613 posts, read 7,815,704 times
Quote:
The rules for older ladies is that they've usually lived enough to know that any "rules for older ladies" are meant to be broken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Sorta, at least in the city, (NYC,) but, most of years I lived, just above the city in Westchester Co. However, I attended my last two years of high school at an all girls school in The Bronx and for one of those years, I was dubbed a whitch, because I chose to only wear black. I say a year, probably was more like 4 months. Boy oh boy, those were fun times.
LMAO we're Fairfield county refugees, right over the Portchester border from ya.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Some 33 year olds don't look that good..and they have estrogen, firm muscle tone, and time on their side! I understand the fabulous Ms. Mirren is not typical of the over 40 set..but: I say this often: Men who consider themselves "too good" or too "whatever" to give older women at least a chance, are missing out!
My mom is 72 and would look about the same if she wore a 'kini. Walks a mile a day and does her own lawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
ANOTHER stereotype bites the dust.....
yeehaaaaaaa I love it.

Great posts y'all. Makes me want to shop! Age inappropriately, of course. It's really cool when I do shop and the high schoolers and college kids compliment me on my outfit. The best fun is going to the Lauren outlet, only the employees know it's on me head to toe. They love it when I go in, it's like I'm modeling the product. They work there just to be able to afford a few nice pieces.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:08 PM

10,546 posts, read 7,500,347 times
That's a heavily air-brushed photo of Helen Mirren.

Her figure is stunning but she *does* have normal cellulite, as evidenced by the original of this one and other photos of her in swimwear (not hard to find via google image).

Old 11-01-2013, 12:01 AM

3,043 posts, read 6,302,039 times
I think some is the persons mindset. My mom has a very petite figure and is 60. Just recently she has stated how she is too old for certain clothing. Her body looks younger and in better shape then most 20 year olds. She focuses on the areas she feels looks older so it makes her uncomfortable to wear certain clothes. Another person may have a different view of themselves.
I guess this makes me a little judgmental but when ever I saw the pants with the writing on the rear end like pink on older people that I question. In general I did not like those pants on anyone.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:22 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,270,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I think some is the persons mindset. My mom has a very petite figure and is 60. Just recently she has stated how she is too old for certain clothing. Her body looks younger and in better shape then most 20 year olds. She focuses on the areas she feels looks older so it makes her uncomfortable to wear certain clothes. Another person may have a different view of themselves.
I guess this makes me a little judgmental but when ever I saw the pants with the writing on the rear end like pink on older people that I question. In general I did not like those pants on anyone.
I guess this would raise a lot of eyebrows. But, I promise, it was for a good cause. I do agree with you, writing on my bum, not good for the eyes to see except may on Halloween.
Attached Thumbnails
"Rules" For Older Ladies...-charity-event-meetup-lei.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or