U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 05:41 AM

8,613 posts, read 7,813,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't think that's awkward.....it think it's wonderful.

Once in awhile my mother would get an appreciative honk from a young man driving down the road when she was walking back from the mailbox.

Youthful fitting jeans and a form fitting tee shirt type top.....on a 64 year old woman with the figure of a teenager.....it would always make her day!

Should she have been relegated to baggy "Mom" jeans and baggy tops just because someone might mistake her for a much younger woman from a distance? Hell NO!
Hell yeah! I continue to take my honks and whistles with pride!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 11:39 AM

14,652 posts, read 29,708,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Hell yeah! I continue to take my honks and whistles with pride!
Same here! I work hard to maintain my figure and I am going to show it off!

Old 11-09-2013, 12:37 PM

2,435 posts, read 2,720,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Rules are for controlling. Learn to resist. It is not anyones business what other people want to wear.
Yes, we all cherish our right to be individuals while at the same time our society criticizes non-conformists who think for themselves. If you dont like how someone looks or dresses, you are free to look somewhere else.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:39 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,246,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Why is it taboo for older ladies to wear headbands and pink?

I am no fashion plate, occasionally I wear a skirt, denim of course, but were mostly jeans and a nice shirt, but what's with the "rules" about what older ladies can wear?
I never heard that headbands and pink were taboo. How stupid.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-09-2013, 02:45 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,270,498 times
We can't help it if that young one hasn't been to the optometrist in a while. From now on, just proceed with caution, get some binoculars when scoping out the lady across the way and mind your manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or