U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 05:36 PM

4,810 posts, read 5,436,611 times

Advertisements

Can't imagine not wearing pink. Rose-Pink is the color I get the most compliments on.

At 55, my hair is still naturally mostly brown. I have silver streaks at the temples and a lot of the time they're not completely visible. So far, no intention to dye it. My mother and grandmother went prematurely silver and I thought I would too. I didn't, but their example of embracing their natural color made an impression on me. Both had/have beautiful hair.

My mother got more compliments on her hair when she stopped coloring it in her thirties. A lot of people thought she frosted it, which was silly because the silver was so finely woven through. You could never get frosted hair to look like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 05:44 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,522,801 times
Don't dress up seriously out of place (Ex: wearing tight tank tops with yoga pants to a fine dining restaurant).

That's the only "Rule" which is important when it comes to dressing up. Just dress up according to comfort and occasion.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:26 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,137,433 times
I am not into pastels never was- deep colors for me, but I wear what looks good. and at 60 Id wear lot of younger styles and most think I am 40- Pastels to me are ok for a fair skinned person... and depending on the style might look fab!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:34 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,364,709 times
Lol those Asian ladies have totally run out of effs to give, haven't they?

That's what the young ones don't understand with all their "rules".....WE DONT CARE!!!!

Old 10-27-2013, 03:37 PM

LOL,, oh they can get sooo picky-- LIVE N LET LIVE already!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM

169 posts, read 151,970 times
my vote on long gray hair. i think it looks awful. here in pdx there are a lot of women who wear long gray hair pulled back in a pony. to me it looks like a rat tail. women of a certain age look better with a shorter do; jmho

Old 10-28-2013, 11:24 AM

51,209 posts, read 50,499,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeen1 View Post
my vote on long gray hair. i think it looks awful. here in pdx there are a lot of women who wear long gray hair pulled back in a pony. to me it looks like a rat tail. women of a certain age look better with a shorter do; jmho
Yeah, well, I think what we're reading is that the ladies with the long gray hair don't give a rat's ass about how other people think it looks.

Personally, my hair (at 55) is shorter now and I still color it. I'm in the business world and I feel that works better for me; however, once I'm done with this nonsense, I may very well join the long gray-haired ladies in rat-tail land. I'm looking forward to it, actually, to enjoy along with the stretchy, comfy clothing.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:03 PM

Do what makes you feel good,,, we have enough problems in life already to be nic picking on what to wear--- I did that at 19!

Old 10-28-2013, 01:10 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,364,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah, well, I think what we're reading is that the ladies with the long gray hair don't give a rat's ass about how other people think it looks.

Personally, my hair (at 55) is shorter now and I still color it. I'm in the business world and I feel that works better for me; however, once I'm done with this nonsense, I may very well join the long gray-haired ladies in rat-tail land. I'm looking forward to it, actually, to enjoy along with the stretchy, comfy clothing.
I live in rat-tail land.

Not me, but a lot of those around me!

Old bikers riding hogs and wearing leather vests.

Young crims trying to be tough

Little boys of a certain sector of single moms

Pensioners with drug habits who gave up on how they look eons and 7 grandkids ago

Rat tails on everyone!

Old 10-28-2013, 01:56 PM

14,312 posts, read 12,569,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I am 60 and I have long hair, below my shoulders, brown with a few grays sprinkled in.

Once every 6, 8, 10 months I go for a quick trim, as needed.....I can blow dry it out in less than 10 minutes.

No way in hell do I want to go short or dye my hair......don't need all of the added upkeep involved.

Short/dyed hair requires frequent trips to the salon.....usually once every 6 weeks.

Most short hair styles require time consuming curling and shaping to look right.....instead of a quick blow out.

In the morning, a quick brushing and I am ready to go, don't have to deal with taming "bed head" hair.....flattened out on one side, sticking out every which way on the other.

Since I retired the long, polished nails are gone and I rarely bother with full make up {doing my eyes} either.

It's all good as far as I am concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or