U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 03:27 PM

12,635 posts, read 14,665,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah, well, I think what we're reading is that the ladies with the long gray hair don't give a rat's ass about how other people think it looks.

Hopefully it doesn't look like a rat's ass - I mean rat's nest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 10:50 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,202,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I am 60 and I have long hair, below my shoulders, brown with a few grays sprinkled in.

Once every 6, 8, 10 months I go for a quick trim, as needed.....I can blow dry it out in less than 10 minutes.

No way in hell do I want to go short or dye my hair......don't need all of the added upkeep involved.

Short/dyed hair requires frequent trips to the salon.....usually once every 6 weeks.

Most short hair styles require time consuming curling and shaping to look right.....instead of a quick blow out.

In the morning, a quick brushing and I am ready to go, don't have to deal with taming "bed head" hair.....flattened out on one side, sticking out every which way on the other.

Since I retired the long, polished nails are gone and I rarely bother with full make up {doing my eyes} either.

It's all good as far as I am concerned.

wow ! I have very short hair- little mouse- wet -shake and I am out the door, do NOT know what you are talking about?? and color my own, which get compliments almost daily. and I did pay for a stylist to re do my hair in a Miami salon and I been doing it myself ever since.. still wear my red lipstick baby

Old 10-29-2013, 03:33 AM

14,348 posts, read 12,626,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
wow ! I have very short hair- little mouse- wet -shake and I am out the door, do NOT know what you are talking about?? and color my own, which get compliments almost daily. and I did pay for a stylist to re do my hair in a Miami salon and I been doing it myself ever since.. still wear my red lipstick baby
I said MOST short hair styles.....obviously yours is very, very short.

The hair styles pictured in your post, for example, both take quite a bit of work to look the way they do, have to be styled and shaped before you walk out the door.....along with frequent cuts to keep them looking that way.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:05 AM

5,288 posts, read 17,527,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I agree with you....short stylish hair is a breeze to care for.....she either has never had short hair or doesn't have the knowledge of how to make it look good. I have short hair and spend about 20 minutes a week on washing/styling...it is so easy to care for.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:09 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,202,701 times
I wash once a week- color every 4 and wet -comb it n go within 5 minutes,,, the red lipstic and hair color is my style, my cut is shorter on the base, and the mousse keeps it together

Old 10-29-2013, 12:31 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,843,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I live in rat-tail land.

Not me, but a lot of those around me!

Old bikers riding hogs and wearing leather vests.

Young crims trying to be tough

Little boys of a certain sector of single moms

Pensioners with drug habits who gave up on how they look eons and 7 grandkids ago

Rat tails on everyone!
LOL cinder, apparently the UK and US are parallel universes.......

Old 10-29-2013, 12:44 PM

14,348 posts, read 12,626,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I agree with you....short stylish hair is a breeze to care for.....she either has never had short hair or doesn't have the knowledge of how to make it look good. I have short hair and spend about 20 minutes a week on washing/styling...it is so easy to care for.
How often do you have to get a trim?

Old 10-29-2013, 01:36 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,843,441 times
My hair is to my tailbone. 10 minutes to wash and condition, twenty to blow dry, ten to brush and ponytail. Done.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:22 PM

51,544 posts, read 50,793,031 times
The only reason I wear it shorter now is because I have thick curly/wavy hair and I found a stylist who actually knows how to cut my type of hair--a rare breed. I just slap some sort of expensive gel stuff on it that they sold me and arrange it with my fingers. When it's longer, it takes more work, and as I said, I'm in the business world and have to stay in character and pretend I'm one of them and looking like one of them is part of the schtick. I wear suit jackets and jewelry and scarves I would never wear if I was just home being the real me. But, hey, gotta play the part and pay the bills, hehehe. I also have a three-hour round-trip commute every day, rarely am at the office for just eight hours, and some activities have to be ditched to survive like a human being, such as long intimate hours with blow dryers and round brushes.

I color it myself. My hair is medium golden brown. That's what it says on the box. In reality, it's been going gray since my 20s.

But one of these days...

Old 10-29-2013, 07:44 PM

7,933 posts, read 7,293,210 times
Just remembered, in one of my most recent pics taken/posted this year, so, my feeling on older ladies wearing pink is, I don't particulary give a flying fruitcake if others think I should stick with more muted colors, I wore a very bring orange dress this summer as well, compliments just kept coming. Come to think of it, I wear headbands, mostly in the summer too, so, to whomever has an issue with my cheerful attire, icon that won't upload = tongue sticking out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or