U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies only: how comfortable are you when guys (strangers, hot or not) stare at you?
I'm comfortable; it doesn't bother me 6 26.09%
I'm uncomfortable; it bothers me. 14 60.87%
I don't care. 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 AM

909 posts, read 1,038,618 times

Advertisements

In other countries staring at beautiful women is perfectly normal

They dress nice and they are beautiful and so it is expected from men to look

But here in the US as like everything else, women are strange

Among all women in the world, they spent the most amount of money to cosmetics and plastic surgery and when you look at them, they don't like it

American women are STRANGE.

The reason they are strange is because their moms raise them wrong. they are raised like princess not as a woman. They talk too much they know too much.

Same moms do the same mistake with raising boys but that is a different discussion topic.

A wise man would look overseas for marriage and relationships. Women is something you enjoy you laugh and you share things of which sex is number 1. But with American women, it seems like money is #1.

Everything including sex is strange in this country but that is another discussion topic .

I miss real women so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 09:22 AM

265 posts, read 433,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I think it depends on how creepy the guy looks (I know, that's sad). I'm just being honest. I don't dress provocatively, though, so no one stares at me for that reason.
If he's ugly/creepy looking I get pretty spooked.
If he's hot, no problem :0

Old 10-27-2013, 10:21 AM

994 posts, read 1,201,158 times
I guess I don't need to answer since I'm one of those women who dresses provocatively.

I'm curious, though, why would you wear a bikini if you don't want to be ogled? That's the whole point. It's not like bikinis are better for swimming, quite the opposite. Unless you're just out there for a tan, in which case you ought to do your sunbathing someplace private if you don't like men staring at you.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:24 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,985,167 times
It makes me self-conscious.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:28 AM

571 posts, read 948,950 times
Looks and glances are no big deal.

Lengthy stares (often done in a non-friendly way) seem like an invasion of privacy. But most people are respectful in the way they look and they are brief glances/looks. Even a few repeat glances are not a big deal at all.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:49 AM

312 posts, read 500,120 times
I just realized I could add a poll, for those who don't want to post their answers.

Also on a side note, I think we should have a "women only" forum, to discuss certain things between us only. The title of the thread said "ladies only", yet we already have a few guys posting replies. Smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Staring is generally bad. Glancing is ok. The longer the stare the more uncomfortable I get.
But one has to wonder when does a glance becomes a stare?? Say when you catch him looking, he doesn't look away when you make eye contact: would you be comfortable? And I'm talking about a total stranger. Whether he's cute or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
Doesn't bother me a bit. I like to stare,too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I dont give a rats. A cat may look at a Queen.
Lol thanks for being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I guess I don't need to answer since I'm one of those women who dresses provocatively.

I'm curious, though, why would you wear a bikini if you don't want to be ogled? That's the whole point. It's not like bikinis are better for swimming, quite the opposite. Unless you're just out there for a tan, in which case you ought to do your sunbathing someplace private if you don't like men staring at you.
You don't need to answer because it's assumed that you want to be stared at anyway, by dressing provocatively. Thanks for being honest though.
Good point regarding bikinis. I've always wondered if ladies wear them because of peer pressure ( if that's the case, I would assume they wouldn't want to be stared at) or because they want they don't care if guys stare or not; they are just having fun at the beach.

Last edited by Flamboyante; 10-27-2013 at 11:31 AM..

Old 10-27-2013, 12:21 PM

26,896 posts, read 28,206,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
I just realized I could add a poll, for those who don't want to post their answers.

Also on a side note, I think we should have a "women only" forum, to discuss certain things between us only. The title of the thread said "ladies only", yet we already have a few guys posting replies. Smh

But one has to wonder when does a glance becomes a stare?? Say when you catch him looking, he doesn't look away when you make eye contact: would you be comfortable? And I'm talking about a total stranger. Whether he's cute or not.
It depends on what happens post eye contact. Does he smile, say hello, look away? Keep staring?

It is awkward when you keep staring when caught.

I guess it depends on the stare too. Is it the I am mentally undressing you right now? The I am admiring your beauty stare? The you have some spinach in your teeth stare? The what in the heck are you wearing stare? Or the I am fantasizing about you right now stare?

All feel different.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:40 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,547,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It depends on what happens post eye contact. Does he smile, say hello, look away? Keep staring?

It is awkward when you keep staring when caught.

I guess it depends on the stare too. Is it the I am mentally undressing you right now? The I am admiring your beauty stare? The you have some spinach in your teeth stare? The what in the heck are you wearing stare? Or the I am fantasizing about you right now stare?

All feel different.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
In winter, I give you the "I need your help" Stare as shown below :

I apologize for looking creepy, but winter annoys me a lot, and I am clearly not happy staying outside for long.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:58 PM

571 posts, read 948,950 times
I'm not kidding when I say I dress for myself. I sometimes dress nicely (and yes, that includes snug clothes - stuff that may be considered sexy) when I'm home alone. For the record, most of my clothes are flattering yet comfortable. I dress because I like the way I look in certain clothes. I'm still not clear on people being convinced that every single effort that goes into appearance is done to please others.

But back to the topic - we're all human and curious about others. I like to sneak in looks at people based on what they're doing and yes, at times, how they look. That's why I don't get annoyed. I'm a people watcher, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post

Lol thanks for being honest.

You don't need to answer because it's assumed that you want to be stared at anyway, by dressing provocatively. Thanks for being honest though.
Good point regarding bikinis. I've always wondered if ladies wear them because of peer pressure ( if that's the case, I would assume they wouldn't want to be stared at) or because they want they don't care if guys stare or not; they are just having fun at the beach.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:26 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,378,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
In winter, I give you the "I need your help" Stare as shown below :

I apologize for looking creepy, but winter annoys me a lot, and I am clearly not happy staying outside for long.
LOL

that looks sooooo cold....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty