U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 02:19 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times

Advertisements

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 02:43 PM

4,506 posts, read 5,253,259 times
^^^ Nah....rock the lime green polyester pantsuit....it'll go better with the cotton candy up-do!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...17_306x423.jpg

Old 10-27-2013, 03:47 PM

115 posts, read 80,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I had a good laugh at this thread. Thanks for that!

When I am over 45 I will do whatever I please and revel in it! Life is too short for arbitrary rules to guide my behavior. I am an adult and I can choose what is appropriate for myself.
This is the problem with society, mainly the old people mooching off the young. The old people have an actual responsibility to the young that THEY PRODUCE.

But adults act like kids now a days. They think that the younger generation should pay more in taxes to support their social security, medicare, health care, etc...

Old people need to be more mature and start taking responsibility for themselves.

They don't need to be acting like college kids that don't give a damn about all the stupid and obscene things they do.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:55 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,133,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEirdhuMan View Post
This is the problem with society, mainly the old people mooching off the young. The old people have an actual responsibility to the young that THEY PRODUCE.

But adults act like kids now a days. They think that the younger generation should pay more in taxes to support their social security, medicare, health care, etc...

Old people need to be more mature and start taking responsibility for themselves.

They don't need to be acting like college kids that don't give a damn about all the stupid and obscene things they do.
as your name states,,, weird? -- I paid my dues to raise kids, bury parents, work 2 jobs and cut the yard,, let me do as I well please OK? I am free and only answer to God and family

Old 10-27-2013, 05:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,363,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple...

With a red hat that doesn't go...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:07 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,150,463 times
(do not go to clubs and bars looking to corrupt innocent young men)Hmmm.... Well I'm 50 happily married so not looking...I think it be better advice for father to teach their son how to behave instead of making girls/ women carry the burden of so said bad behavior of the part of men! These are not innocent young men! ...:P

Old 10-27-2013, 10:44 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,094,894 times
Quote:

This seriously is the best thread ever. giggles

OP, I am not even over 40 yet so no mooching yet. Give me 25 years at least.

I don't dress like a tween, teen, or college age twinkie, but nobody gets the right to tell me how to dress.

I also wouldn't have the arrogance to tell a tween, teen, or college twinkie how to dress. (Except my own daughter.)

I guess you do though. Good luck with that.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:43 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,482,726 times
I am 63, 5'9", wear size 2/4 and have worked hard to keep my body lean and toned. I wear whatever I want thank you very much.

Youth really is wasted on the young.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 AM

40,885 posts, read 32,642,286 times
Quote:
Quote:
No. Parents have a responsibility to take care of their CHILDREN. They do NOT have a responsibility to take care of their offspring once they're ADULTS.

Quote:
But adults act like kids now a days.
Right. Twenty six year olds act like they're sixteen - as if their parents are still responsible for housing and feeding them.

Quote:
They think that the younger generation should pay more in taxes to support their social security, medicare, health care, etc...
Really? My check to the federal government last year was probably more than most 30 year olds make in an entire year. And if it's ObamaCare you're addressing, you can thank your Commander In Chief and Congress for that - not the average 45 year old woman.

Quote:
OMG I had a good laugh at this one. Let me know when women over age 45 start moving into their kids' converted garages and basements and living there rent free in droves.

Quote:
Coupla things:

1) The vast majority of college students are ADULTS. Not kids.

2) Most women over age 45 are self sufficient and can do as they damn well please.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:55 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,511,894 times
Quote:
1. Should not show more than 1.8 inches of cleavage at any time. (even while bending over to pick something up)

2. Should not wear high heels. (seriously, you could end up hurting yourself a lot more by tripping and falling than what would've happened when you were 30)

3. Shall act like a lady. (do not go to clubs and bars looking to corrupt innocent young men)

4. Shall strive for inner beauty. (read, walk, enjoy nature, talk with family, work on being a beautiful soul)

I'm not looking for any answers on this, I just listed some obvious well rounded advice/facts on how women over the age of 45 should act. If you got anymore that I didn't include, please feel free to list so women who are 44 and look at this thread can get a head start on practicing.
1. Shall conduct themselves like free citizens and free human beings and run their lives in a way that makes the most sense to them.

Last edited by laorbust61; 10-28-2013 at 11:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty