Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 PM

115 posts, read 120,298 times

Advertisements

1. Should not show more than 1.8 inches of cleavage at any time. (even while bending over to pick something up)

2. Should not wear high heels. (seriously, you could end up hurting yourself a lot more by tripping and falling than what would've happened when you were 30)

3. Shall act like a lady. (do not go to clubs and bars looking to corrupt innocent young men)

4. Shall strive for inner beauty. (read, walk, enjoy nature, talk with family, work on being a beautiful soul)

I'm not looking for any answers on this, I just listed some obvious well rounded advice/facts on how women over the age of 45 should act. If you got anymore that I didn't include, please feel free to list so women who are 44 and look at this thread can get a head start on practicing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I'm guessing those ladies will get RIGHT on that.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm guessing those ladies will get RIGHT on that.

TabulaRasa- Could you explain what you're name means? It's a very sexy name in my opinion.

Also, I just came up with the idea for this thread after seeing the "men over the age of 25 should not... " thread.

I do agree with all my points, and would like to know what other men/women think.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:22 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEirdhuMan View Post
1. Should not show more than 1.8 inches of cleavage at any time. (even while bending over to pick something up)

2. Should not wear high heels. (seriously, you could end up hurting yourself a lot more by tripping and falling than what would've happened when you were 30)

3. Shall act like a lady. (do not go to clubs and bars looking to corrupt innocent young men)

4. Shall strive for inner beauty. (read, walk, enjoy nature, talk with family, work on being a beautiful soul)

I'm not looking for any answers on this, I just listed some obvious well rounded advice/facts on how women over the age of 45 should act. If you got anymore that I didn't include, please feel free to list so women who are 44 and look at this thread can get a head start on practicing.
1. Why 1.8 inches? Just curious why that is the magic number.

2. She isn't likely to hurt herself any more than anyone else unless she's losing a good bit of bone density, which starts happening in her 30s not 45.

3. I don't think being 39 gives me freedom to be less ladylike.

4. We should all strive for inner beauty regardless of age, but wanting to be beautiful on the outside isn't such a bad thing.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:32 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,216 times
Quote:

I'm not at that age yet, but with a little bit of grace I'll make it there and beyond.

I cannot really go along with 1 and 2 because we all don't show age at the same rate. If you've got it, flaunt it.

Is it fashionable or something at this point to be a cougar? I mean I have been approached by boys (yes, I said boys) who I was old enough to be their mother. Hell, just tell them thanks for the complement but I'm too old for you.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
1. Why 1.8 inches? Just curious why that is the magic number.

2. She isn't likely to hurt herself any more than anyone else unless she's losing a good bit of bone density, which starts happening in her 30s not 45.

3. I don't think being 39 gives me freedom to be less ladylike.

4. We should all strive for inner beauty regardless of age, but wanting to be beautiful on the outside isn't such a bad thing.

1. Because it allows for some "breathability", comfortableness. So as a test, not more than .4 inches of actual cleavage should be showing when standing up straight. And then as another test bend over, and not more than 1.8 inches should be showing. So the 1.8 gives a little wiggle room for different boob sizes and shirt types.

2. So if bone density starts at 30, it means it gets worse by 45. (meaning it isn't the same as when she was 30)

3. At 39 many women have been divorced and still many men in their 30s would like to hook up. At 45, a woman has almost likely lost re productivity, and shouldn't be thinking about mating for babies even if possible.

4. True. But most women strive every day for outward beauty. THere are many benefits for a woman to strive for outward beauty, such as attracting a rich man to take care of her for the rest of her life. However, at 45, she should have already got most of that worked out. So she should attend to more meaningful things if not already done so.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:00 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
I think they should dress and do as they please as long as they look good enough to carry it off!

Unfortunately some women can no longer buy bras by cup size but rather; short, medium and long!

Old 10-26-2013, 12:03 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
Quote:
1. Because it allows for some "breathability", comfortableness. So as a test, not more than .4 inches of actual cleavage should be showing when standing up straight. And then as another test bend over, and not more than 1.8 inches should be showing. So the 1.8 gives a little wiggle room for different boob sizes and shirt types.

2. So if bone density starts at 30, it means it gets worse by 45. (meaning it isn't the same as when she was 30)

3. At 39 many women have been divorced and still many men in their 30s would like to hook up. At 45, a woman has almost likely lost re productivity, and shouldn't be thinking about mating for babies even if possible.

4. True. But most women strive every day for outward beauty. THere are many benefits for a woman to strive for outward beauty, such as attracting a rich man to take care of her for the rest of her life. However, at 45, she should have already got most of that worked out. So she should attend to more meaningful things if not already done so.
1. I see. I may need to dig out a ruler and measure my cleavage before leaving the house tomorrow.

2. It's only worse if she hasn't been preparing for it, i.e., calcium and vitamin D. A woman in her 30s may have less bone density than a woman at 45 if the 45-year-old has been taking adequate calcium and the 30-year-old has not.

3. But how likely is she to be ladylike at 45 if she wasn't at 39? Her mindset probably won't change that easily at such a mature age. The ladylikeness should have come earlier.

4. That outer beauty below 45 won't get you far once your inner ugliness has been exposed.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:19 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Quote:

It is not anyones business, people can look other way. Also not age thing, it would be best for all ages, it is not nice to show much boobies, it is nasty
(just my personal opinion).

actually no human should wear high heels but it is not because of age racism.

Da what? it is innocent young men which are hunting me EVERYWHERE without honoring my ring... Some young guys think older women can teach them and also they don't understand marks of aging very well (especially in drunk). Lady is personality type as unnormal human behaviour, people have rights to be normal.

Actually all people would be happier since kids if they would focus peoples and worlds inner beauty than covers. I recommend it for you too and consider if it is your inner beauty which writes a thread or if it is need of revenge in you. Does your thread praise your inner beauty? Is this thread a reflection of a level of your inner beuty right now? Do you feel that is prettiest thing what you can produce?

Old 10-26-2013, 05:00 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Since when did women over a certain age have rules ? It is just ridiculous ....I will wear what the heck I want when I want and if my SO does not have a problem with it why should any other person on earth have a problem with it ? I do exercise everyday and am in good shape so I will wear what I want and I will also act the way I want and I am a lady everyday , day in , day out . This whole thread is ridiculous ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty