U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,133,504 times

Advertisements

no its just fashionable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 07:23 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Because cold sensitive guys like me are unable to warm up outside summer. Hence, we feel the need to wear clothing which protects all exposed skin (including cartilage surrounding our ears). Hoodies do a good job at protecting exposed skin.

If you want me to take off my hood, walk me into a building with the heat turned up to 75+ and see my face. Dont ever let me go through the torture of taking off my hood when its below 55 F and feeling the painful cold.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 AM

3,395 posts, read 3,562,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I'm a security officer and part of my duties require me to observe and report any suspicious looking people on the property I work at and I have to admit that the moment I see a male with a hooded sweatshirt come on the property he automatically becomes "suspect number one". Not talking about wearing it with the hood down obviously but referring to the ones that wear the hood up. Not sure why but it just makes me feel like that person is up to no good and if something happened and saw the hooded person walking away from the scene along with a few other people he would be the first one I would question.

Thoughts?
I would imagine because pulling a hood over your head is a good way to conceal your identity. Hoods also obstruct your vision. Unless it is cold enough to make wearing a hood plausible, it makes sense that you might find a hooded person suspicious.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:50 AM

12,422 posts, read 14,547,993 times
MountainGuy74...I know a woman whose dog doesn't like hooded sweatshirts either. The dog won't let anyone near her wearing one...unless the hoods down...gotta be something to it.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:05 AM

2,667 posts, read 2,734,559 times
Not only do they look suspicious, they look stupid ! I would think that the dumb hoodlums would want to be able to look all around themselves to see who might be creeping up on them but no, they prefer to be able to look just straight ahead and have blind spots to the side and back. I was in a major retail store with my wife awhile ago and a 40-50 year old man was wearing a hoody in the store , I looked at him and shook my head and he took the hood down and walked away. What possible reason is there to wear a hood in the summer or inside ? None, just plain-ss stupidity !

Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,995,268 times
I see nothing suspicious about a hooded sweatshirt unless it's 3 sizes to big for the person that's wearing it, and even then I just think they look like an idiot kid more than a criminal. I wear hoodies all the time, and I'm a middle aged professional.

On a second note, I think this is a troll post just trying to resurrect the hole trevon thing.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:47 AM

31,385 posts, read 31,046,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
It is the uniform of the inner city GHETTO boys and men. That and add the baggy jeans which worn low, show the crack in their as*.
Oh freaking Puleeeeze! I've seen more suburban slackers, gen-x white boys wearing hoodies than I ever do in "inner" city Philly. And god help you if you are anywhere the University of the Arts the place is like Hoodie mecca.

Folks need to get over themselves.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:08 AM

5,412 posts, read 8,277,963 times
Because you can't see their eyes to interpret any potential malevolence....

Old 10-30-2013, 01:52 PM

8,853 posts, read 7,333,347 times
Why? Because it's unusual behavior. One must always be suspicious of unusual behavior, especially when working security. Someone walking/jogging in cool/cold air and or rain wearing a hood up is not unusual. Coming into a store from out in the cold and or rain with the hood up is not unusual. However, on a warm spring/summer day, coming in with a long sleeve hoodie with the hood up is suspicious. The chances of that person having Lupis or being albino are very slim. My former sister-in-law has lupis and she does not wear a hoodie. She wears long sleeve shirts with collar buttoned and a wide rim hat. Criminals who wear hoods up in a store are doing so to avoid their face being recorded by the security cameras. I'm 44 and I wear a hoodie, but only when it's cold outside. When it's not cold, the hoodie stays in the closet.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 PM

3,968 posts, read 4,396,818 times
I proudly wear a hoodie if its cold. I couldn't be arsed if one is so fearful of not having a clear look at my face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty