U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Neither.
Do you sleep as soon as you get home,then wake up 3 hrs later,shower,than go back to bed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 04:45 AM

718 posts, read 1,474,380 times
I have to be clean shaven for work so I tend to shave prior to going to work since I shave in the shower however I don't shave every day so on the days that I don't shave I shave in the morning. In the summer I tend to shave mostly after work though since I would sometimes get sweaty at work and don't want to stink up the bed when I get home to sleep.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:50 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,446,279 times
I shower before and after work. Before because I brush my teeth in the shower. I brush at night and in the morning. Also, I shave everyday before work.

I also shower after because it's nasty laying in bed dirty. Also, I deal with hookers, gang members, dope and transients every night. Plus my muscles and body feel much more relaxed after a shower and makes me feel ready to go to sleep.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Old 11-02-2013, 03:55 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
I'm confused.
It occurs to me that working nights is not different than working days in terms of needing to shower...lol!

Old 11-02-2013, 04:57 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,360,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
My sis and I both work night shifts.
She says its better to shower before work. She thinks its gross to go to work without showering.

Me,I shower as soon as get home. My reasoning is its gross to lay in the bed dirty with work germs.

She works at the post office,and I'm a nurse.
So you go tend to patients, close up without showering? I hope you respect the people you ""help"" enough to at least brush your teeth! Or do you ONLY do that after work too?

Old 11-02-2013, 06:03 PM

11,697 posts, read 16,443,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
So you go tend to patients, close up without showering? I hope you respect the people you ""help"" enough to at least brush your teeth! Or do you ONLY do that after work too?
Better then holeys.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
I shower in the morning after work.....when did I say I don't shower?
I brush my teeth before work.

Its far more harmful for me to come home and lay in bed with the germs.
I also have had pts wjth bedbugs in the home,so I can't just wait until before work to shower.

Its the same as people who work in the daytime...some shower at night,wake up and go to work.
Others shower in the morning right before work.

I hope you know working nights is no joke. I would rather use the few extra minutes to sleep.
When I get home,its hard to sleep because I'm loaded with coffee or energy drinks. So I do all of my errands In the mornings.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,186,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I shower in the morning after work.....when did I say I don't shower?
I brush my teeth before work.

Its far more harmful for me to come home and lay in bed with the germs.
I also have had pts wjth bedbugs in the home,so I can't just wait until before work to shower.

Its the same as people who work in the daytime...some shower at night,wake up and go to work.
Others shower in the morning right before work.

I hope you know working nights is no joke. I would rather use the few extra minutes to sleep.
When I get home,its hard to sleep because I'm loaded with coffee or energy drinks. So I do all of my errands In the mornings.
I work permanent nights and usually shower before I go to work. As for the bedbugs, it won't help to shower after getting home from work as they would be on your clothes if you were bringing them home. I have to deal with that issue too and so far I have been luck to not come home with any company.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:43 AM

That's why I take off my clothes and place them in a bag before I get into the front door.
That way,I won't bring bedbugs into the house.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:44 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
This is a really ridiculous argument.

How dirty do you think she gets between sleeping and getting up to go to work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty