Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:50 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
A family member got a cancer scare so I'm done with tanning booths. I find a lot of the bottled self tanners messy! How do y'll tan effectively & safely?
I don't tan and could care less about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 12:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
I also wear a darker foundation with a turtle neckand gloves but I can only do that in the thick of winter.
I hate when women do this. Match your foundation to your neck and don't use it to try and make yourself appear tanner. You are not fooling anyone. What type of complexion do you have? I have an olive complexion, so I don't get too ghostly white in the winter. I have used this stuff before, Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush - Self-Tanning - L'Oreal Paris, and it works great. On my complexion it doesn't look orange, but that might also be because my skin already has a tanish tint. If you do end up trying it, instead of putting it on in straight lines, it works best if you do it in a circular motion. They also have towelettes, so if you're worried about missing spots with a spray tanner, that might work better for you.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:35 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
eek my GP told me to quit years ago. She said out of all the crappy things I was doing to my bbody (smoker, drinker) tanning was one of the easiest thing I could give up out of the three and have a major impact on my future health. I never went back. I tried the Sublime spray, it didn't work.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Living in the south, going outside and working in the hot sun might help you get a tan. You have mild-hot sunny weather year round, just make use of it. I was burnt crisp black in Atlanta in June when it was in the low 90's with intense sunshine and humidity. Sometimes, I wish my skin would not darken every time the sun shines. Need to stock up on more fair and handsome next time I head south .

Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I don't tan and could care less about it.
Then why comment, Casper?

Old 10-29-2013, 03:24 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Quote:
How do you do that? How have you managed to tan uniformly? Last summer I tanned immersely. This winter I only want to use bronzers etc. No tanning bed but if I can have her sun kissed complexion imma be happy

Google-Ergebnis für http://streetz945.com/proof/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/amber-rose-1858022588.jpg

I am not looking for anything extreme just want to look sun kissed. Look at that brown skin yum yum!
Amber Rose is not Caucasian. One parent came from Cape Verde where the population is almost all Creole.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:37 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,907,661 times
I (as well as many guys I know), prefer a more natural look. Even pale can look 100% fine/good depending on the girl too. To me, pale is much better than any fake tans. Definitely not saying you should make your decision based on what guys think, but I always wonder why some women go to great lengths to stay artificially tanned?

Old 10-30-2013, 02:56 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
It is too expensive for me, but OP might be able to afford it - go the Kardashian way with a spraytan. Around $25-$30.

It looks amazing and lasts up to two weeks, not messy at all. You should not scrub too much when you shower though.

The Kardashians look awful with no tan. A bit of color makes such a big difference!

Old 10-30-2013, 05:15 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
A family member got a cancer scare so I'm done with tanning booths. I find a lot of the bottled self tanners messy! How do y'll tan effectively & safely?
You don't.

Summer, winter makes no difference.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:05 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
How do you do that? How have you managed to tan uniformly? Last summer I tanned immersely. This winter I only want to use bronzers etc. No tanning bed but if I can have her sun kissed complexion imma be happy

Google-Ergebnis für http://streetz945.com/proof/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/amber-rose-1858022588.jpg

I am not looking for anything extreme just want to look sun kissed. Look at that brown skin yum yum!
If you want to tan like the image below, just spend time working outside. That's all I did (Sorry for the squinting. The sun was directly on my eyes, it was 95 F, and I left my sunglasses in the car):

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty