U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:27 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,361,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
I (as well as many guys I know), prefer a more natural look. Even pale can look 100% fine/good depending on the girl too. To me, pale is much better than any fake tans. Definitely not saying you should make your decision based on what guys think, but I always wonder why some women go to great lengths to stay artificially tanned?

IMO tanning makes one look healthy & youthful. Who wants to look like Casper the friendly ghost?

Maybe Amber Rose color is too extreme but Jennifer Lopez also always looks sunkissed! Nicole Schezinger also has a nice color to her.

Nicole Kidman is pale as a ghost & she has become very irrelevant in Hollywood. She has not done anything in years, could be that she is too pale to be taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 04:32 PM

6,235 posts, read 5,389,617 times
Move to Florida!

Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It is too expensive for me, but OP might be able to afford it - go the Kardashian way with a spraytan. Around $25-$30.

It looks amazing and lasts up to two weeks, not messy at all. You should not scrub too much when you shower though.

The Kardashians look awful with no tan. A bit of color makes such a big difference!
I thought the Kardashians were not white white but ""exxotical"" . Well they fooled me, in between those 10kg asses, the dark hair, dark eyes, black men ( except Kourt) I thought they were ""exxotical"" and naturally darker like say J. Lo and Salma. Are they just plain white girls? LMAO!!

I thought they added surgery to something that already existed I had no clue they are just plain white girls with manufactured tans!

Anywaydoe, thanks I will try!

Old 11-01-2013, 04:45 PM

11,701 posts, read 16,457,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Thanks I will look into this! I also wear a darker foundation with a turtle neckand gloves but I can only do that in the thick of winter.
No holes:>)

Old 11-01-2013, 04:57 PM

19,636 posts, read 53,495,108 times
The K's have Arab lineage from their father (Lebanese).

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
The K's have Arab lineage from their father (Lebanese).

This! Thanks! IMO they tan so easily I had a feeling they were ""exxotical"" not white white.

I'm not really sure who my father is. My mom had an affair. He was supposed to be part ethnic. But I do not see it in my skin. I can NOT tan easily!

Old 11-01-2013, 05:50 PM

11,037 posts, read 6,574,567 times
Quote:
Maybe Amber Rose color is too extreme but Jennifer Lopez also always looks sunkissed! Nicole Schezinger also has a nice color to her.

Nicole Kidman is pale as a ghost & she has become very irrelevant in Hollywood. She has not done anything in years, could be that she is too pale to be taken seriously.
What ethnicity are you? Jennifer Lopez is Puerto Rican and Nicole Scherzinger is half Filipino and part Hawaiian. That is their skin tone, even if they weren't tanning they still wouldn't be white.

Nicole Kidman is still making a lot of movies. She has won an Oscar, and many other awards, so I doubt no one is taking her seriously because of her pale skin. Or how about Emma Stone. She seems to be everywhere the past few years, and she is also very pale. Most people don't base someone's worth and talent based on what their skin color is. What an odd way to think.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:24 PM

57 posts, read 72,121 times
I'm pale and proud of it. I don't like how I look tan. I look better with pale skin. Besides, when I do tan a little in the summer because of going outside and stuff, it just looks dirty! LOL My skin is so weird. I used to tan so nice as a kid, but now that I'm an adult I'm more prone to burning than tanning. And sunburn sucks!

Old 11-01-2013, 08:57 PM

3,043 posts, read 6,300,398 times
Quote:
IMO tanning makes one look healthy & youthful. Who wants to look like Casper the friendly ghost?

If you look at people who are older and have been in the sun or tanned a lot their skin looks like leather and with more wrinkles. What you do when your younger impacts you when you are older. Vanity aside it is not healthy to be out in the sun so much or to tan.
I am fair skinned and just accept it because that is my skin tone.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:24 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,526,479 times
I advise the original poster not to waste time tanning. If it occurs naturally, then flaunt it. Else just be happy with your skin color. I always wanted smooth snow white skin, but its unlikely that will ever happen and I am stuck with a tan all life long. I have learned to accept it as a part of my physical characteristics, and you should do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty