U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 01:16 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,905,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
I see it too and don't understand it. I pretty much pack away all my spring and summer clothes when fall hits.
Me too, anything below 68 and it's outta here. I keep the tee shirts around for layering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I have flip flops lined with shearling for the colder season.
LOL mom sent me those from LLBean but I never wear them outside, I look like a yeti in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom :Dm View Post
I wear flip flops all year. There were maybe three days last year when I got my tennis shoes out and that was only because it was cold enough at 7 am that I didn't want to ride my bike with numb toes. By the afternoon, it was warm enough to be back in flip flops.
ooh, to be in the South, I can't wait, I can't, I can't.......waaaaaaah
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
OH god I dont ever show mine there so bloody ugly, so Im glad of the colder weather to hide them away... could always get them out tonight though and frighten some guisers at the door...
LOL Dizzy get ye a pedicure, you will fall in love with your feet again. Family name was Yarborough BTW hug!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here in Texas it can be in the forties in the morning and nearly eighty degrees by the afternoon all the way through October (it was 78 degrees here yesterday). I check the weather forecast and if it's going to warm up considerably during the day I will slip on the flip flops or sandals like I did yesterday, even though it was jacket weather when I left the house.

No biggie. In fact, I'll probably be wearing flip flops well into November - they're comfortable to me as long as the temps are above 60.
I have a tote bag with three shoe choices with me whenever I hit the road. Sexy pair, practical pair, emergency pair.The Diva survival bag. In each vehicle there is always two jackets, blankets, water and umbrellas. As well as the ole jacknife and screwdriver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 03:08 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,649,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Me too, anything below 68 and it's outta here. I keep the tee shirts around for layering.
68 F is not too cold for sandals. I am usually bare foot under those conditions. This is coming from someone who hates the cold . Outside, I wear closed shoes till my feet start sweating, because down here, its a "unmanly" thing for guys to wear sandals. But beyond 75 F, my feet start to smell under all the sweat, hence sandals are mandatory.

I love being barefoot when given the option. During my lake George trip, I loved stepping barefoot into the fresh cool water, and water temperature was around 65 F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty