U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:00 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times

Advertisements

This is true.

You ever see the big fat women with large boobs and butt but NO waist,like its straight up and down?

Whr says it all. If you don't have a small waist and big hips,you aren't curvy.
That's just the way it is.

Btw,curvy doesn't mean hourglass.
Both hourglasses and pears are curvy.
As long as you look curvy from the front,you are curvy.

Beyonce is a pear,and so is Kim K,but I never hear people say they aren't curvy.
Even Marilyn Monroe was sort of pear shaped.

Besides,men don't know the difference anyway. If it looks curvy,it is curvy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 AM

5,514 posts, read 5,494,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
It's waist and hip ratio.

Why do some people think having big boobs and giant butt makes them curvy? If your waist is straight and you have no hips, you are not curvy.

It doesn't matter if your skinny or fat, waist to hip ratio says it all.
I agree to a certain extent. The waist line is very important. However, you can be curvy from the side if you have a slim back and a bum that protrudes. It is very sexy. Many women get fake boobs to compensate for not having a curvy figure and I do not think it works. However, you can still be hot if you are in shape.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:00 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,441,565 times
Quote:
Depends on the girl.

Taller chicks pull off skinny.

Short chicks pull of curvy.

Subjective.
Exactly. Taller chicks present a classical beauty which is different from that of the curvaceous shorter chicks. Check out the models. The good thing is that women do not exist as some kind of monoculture (one single type). Variety is what it's all about and nature loves variety.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:40 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,489,492 times
Quote:
It's waist and hip ratio.

Why do some people think having big boobs and giant butt makes them curvy? If your waist is straight and you have no hips, you are not curvy.

It doesn't matter if your skinny or fat, waist to hip ratio says it all.
It depends upon your definition of a curve. If a curve is a geometric construct in two dimensions, characterized by no two points being collinear, then we all have curves because nobody is THAT dead-straight.

And some of us have more curves than others. My wife is just shy of 400 pounds and as such, she has varying numbers of curves depending upon how she is sitting, standing, or laying.

Oh, and by the way, she has that ideal waist to hip ratio of ~0.7 that everyone talks about. But that didn't save her from all of the "fat" comments in her younger years. So is it really all about waist to hip ratio?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:05 AM

15,736 posts, read 11,738,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
The better question is...

Why do women confuse lumps and rolls with curves? They are not the same thing.

Because it sounds better if they describe themself as curvy as in FAT.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:07 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
You can be both overweight and curvaceous.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:11 AM

8,402 posts, read 19,527,792 times
When did "thick" become 250 pounds of ass? Or has it always been that way?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:12 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You can be both overweight and curvaceous.
Yep I'm a big gal but other big girls don't have my built. Lol

Shouldn't this be moved to fashion or health?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:16 AM

10,061 posts, read 9,305,978 times
I am tall AND curvy, as in curves NOT chunk. I am 1/2 Brasilian and I've inherited hips and a bum..I will never be the tall, willowy woman. My hips will never be less than 36", my legs are curvy, and I have far too much ass for a size 6 these days. I wouldn't want it any other way. Women need to love who they are, period.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:18 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
The women I see described as "thick" generally are heavier/larger but firm and toned, versus jiggly. Along the lines of Serena Wiliams' thighs (not her build overall, though, necessarily). In fact, I've more often heard it being applied to particular body parts than an individual's whole body...and, it seems to be almost exclusively in the African American vernacular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty