U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think she is fat?
Yes 30 13.10%
No 199 86.90%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:57 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,943,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
LOL !!!! Do you not see the irony in this post ? That's just great !
LOL I was thinking the same thing!

And by the way, this woman looks wonderful and healthy...it's just that so many of the actresses (and even actors) are so unhealthily thin that by comparison she looks large.
Years ago I met Delta Burke when she had a fashion show of her clothing line here in Dallas. I was expecting a fat woman because of all the publicity about her weight. When I saw her, and then met her after the show, she was TINY. She had a larger bosom and was heavier than she had been in her past, but still by ordinary standards she was so little...that's when I realized that if SHE looked like that, these other actresses we see must look anorexic in real life. What a SKEWED view of reality we are allowing our young girls to measure themselves by. Very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 08:33 AM

175 posts, read 221,006 times
Ok, im not much of a poster, but I just gotta say something. She goes to the same eye doctor as me and I have seen her quite a few times there in the waiting room. There is no way in hell shes 5 ft 8. Im 5 ft 6 in flats. shes always wearing heels and in high heels shes only maybe an inch taller than me. and hollywood would call her fat but in real life shes normal with a very curvy figure. and her boobs arent as huge as they seem in pictures. im a 36DDD and shes smaller than me. her waist is TINY which makes her hips look bigger. I have been a makeup artist for the film industry for 18 years. Most of the actresses are horrifyingly skinny in person. it is absolutley true the camera adds 10-15 lbs.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:09 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,523,621 times
i finally looked up more photos online to find out who she is.

She has the Sophia Loren type of figure, although Sophia wasn't nearly that busty and I think she looked better. I've never envied boobs that big.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:20 PM

38,759 posts, read 37,929,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
LOL I was thinking the same thing!

And by the way, this woman looks wonderful and healthy...it's just that so many of the actresses (and even actors) are so unhealthily thin that by comparison she looks large.
Years ago I met Delta Burke when she had a fashion show of her clothing line here in Dallas. I was expecting a fat woman because of all the publicity about her weight. When I saw her, and then met her after the show, she was TINY. She had a larger bosom and was heavier than she had been in her past, but still by ordinary standards she was so little...that's when I realized that if SHE looked like that, these other actresses we see must look anorexic in real life. What a SKEWED view of reality we are allowing our young girls to measure themselves by. Very sad.
I agree, if I had a daughter I'd really fight to instill a good body image and make sure she's well aware of the stupidity that the fashion industry and the media try to sell.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:08 PM

852 posts, read 814,635 times
I became a big fan of her's from Firefly. Sure she's "fatter" now. I "figure" she's got the Hollyweird dream job - doesn't have to starve herself/can eat normal-normal, critical acclaim, regarded as sexy by many, her character is exceedingly capable/competent. I do not think she is fat - would probably call her chubby or chunky. She's definitely still SEXY.

Two Qs:

1. When she was cast for Mad Men, was she told to pick up some weight/curves?
2. Doesn't she represent quite well what was considered sexy for the Mad Men era? Jane Mansfield for example? I'm not sure - I'm really asking here...

Old 11-09-2013, 02:38 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,824,155 times
She is built like a women, not like a little girl.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:21 PM

6,449 posts, read 6,460,651 times
In today's warped concept of what a woman's shape should be...but not to me...

Old 11-09-2013, 09:22 PM

2,176 posts, read 863,527 times
i think her body type is awesome. shes healthy

Old 11-10-2013, 07:49 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
She's female, so of course lets judge her by her weight.. it's ok.
Right down to her bra size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
She is built like a women, not like a little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
i think her body type is awesome. shes healthy

Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 744 times
No.she looks very smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty