U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think she is fat?
Yes 30 13.10%
No 199 86.90%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 AM

20,632 posts, read 15,439,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
So, the word "fat" seems to have a broad significance this days, some people might think a "fat" woman is someone other people may think is a slim or thin woman, and so on. Christina Hendricks, at 58″ and 154 pounds (according to online sources) seems to be called "fat" by some people, while others think she is just voluptous, not fat, and very hot.

But, according to her BMI and her height and weight, she is not even overweight, her BMI is barely 23.4, falling into the "normal weight" category (overweight is above 25), and her weight is in the healthy range for her height. So, no doctor would say she is even overweight, but still people call her fat. Maybe her very large breasts makes her seem bigger than what she is?

Anyways, i would be interesting to know the percentage that here thinks she is fat, and the percentege that think she is not, and how women and men vote on this.

I of course think she is not fat, i think her body ideal, though i do think her breasts are too big, but if she had less breasts she would have a killer body. However, she is not fat by any means, large breasts or not. She is also very beautiful.

So vote "yes" or "no", and "no" doesnt mean you think she is thin, just means you think she is not fat.

Anyone who calls her fat has a very warped view of the body. She is not fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 418,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
And in my opinion you sound jealous or hateful if you think the above image does not look "womanly." How in the world can that be? You think she looks manly or androgynous? Thats ridiculous. Anybody you deem as large is not womanly? No wonder you started that other thread.
I don't know. She posted a few pix of women who had extremely healthy looking bellies and she still complained that their bellies were not "perfect". In my book there's a large, very large gap between perfect and ugly. There's lots of room for not being "perfect" and yet quite womanly and desireable and attractive.
Not sure what's the point of spending your life trying to look "perfect" when it might be extremely hard for genetic reasons and when being "quite good" is good enough.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:36 AM

11,790 posts, read 12,642,608 times
L21 - A rambling tirade like that just proves my point. This thread isnt about you or your measurements or your bmi or your waist to hip ratio. Why are you trying to make it that way? I don't think shes fat. And most people who voted agree with me. Thats really it. But if you need more, then yes shes a very womanly, curvy, shapely and attractive woman too. Youll just have to deal with that.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:38 AM

91 posts, read 179,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
I don't know. She posted a few pix of women who had extremely healthy looking bellies and she still complained that their bellies were not "perfect". In my book there's a large, very large gap between perfect and ugly. There's lots of room for not being "perfect" and yet quite womanly and desireable and attractive.
Not sure what's the point of spending your life trying to look "perfect" when it might be extremely hard for genetic reasons and when being "quite good" is good enough.
Untrue I posted them explaining that's how my stomach looked....

I also said I wish I had a body shape to Candice swanepoel. Get your facts straight pls.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:39 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 418,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyrue21 View Post
Oh why are you upset my opinion's different from yours? Grow up not everyone agrees with your views

I posted the picture because I thought you didn't realize her tummy isn't as flat as she portrays it to be. If you think that's womanly that's your opinion. ...
yeah but what's especially womanly about having a very, very flat stomach ?
It's more a characteristic of girls than of women.
Great artists of the past never emphasized very flat bellies on women or goddesses that they painted and sculpted.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
L21 - A rambling tirade like that just proves my point. This thread isnt about you or your measurements or your bmi or your waist to hip ratio. Why are you trying to make it that way? I don't think shes fat. And most people who voted agree with me.
You're hallucinating. I never posted my measurements.

Where did you see that?

I'm ignoring you now. You can't accept that I don't agree with you. I'm kind of done. And I never called far. In fact I said and think she's pretty.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
yeah but what's especially womanly about having a very, very flat stomach ?
It's more a characteristic of girls than of women.
Great artists of the past never emphasized very flat bellies on women or goddesses that they painted and sculpted.
No it's not the belly that makes a woman more womanly it's her hips. Sculptures of the past focused a lot on childbearing hips. That's what makes a woman have feminine build. And estrogen promotes weight gain below the belly. Scientifically is shown women with a lower whr are more attractive. One that is .7 or lower is ideal. That's what studies have shown.

And yeah they didn't emphasize muffin tops either.

Last edited by Lilyrue21; 11-12-2013 at 10:08 AM..

Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 AM

11,790 posts, read 12,642,608 times
Youve interjected comments about your body and size so yeah you have mentioned your measurments not implicitly but yes. You are trying hard to compare yourself to CH as to some how divert attention away from her to yourself. Why not start your own poll thread with a pic of you and ask if you're hot or womanly or whatever? It would be a better way to get the answer you need instead of jacking this thread.

Quote:
I always thought I was built like a woman....I'm a lot smaller than her jennifer lopez alicia keys lady gaga beyonce even kim kardashian are built like women. Her waistline is bigger than mine and I have lovehandles. She definitely has a muffin top.
Quote:
She looks just large not curvy or womanly IMO. And I don't think she's truly that weight I think she's overweight. My bmi is 22.7 and I don't have rolls or an obvious muffin top for that matter.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:48 AM

20,632 posts, read 15,439,716 times
Quote:
You're hallucinating. I never posted my measurements.

Where did you see that?

I'm ignoring you now. You can't accept that I don't agree with you. I'm kind of done.
You may not have posted your measurements, but you did post a lot of stuff and numbers that people don't give two spits about. What matters is what people look like, not a number on the scale, or a measuring tape. The majority of people don't think she's fat. They think she looks like a real woman, and has curves. You're trying to explain their OPINIONS away with numbers that no one cares about.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM

Sorry no I'd never compare myself to her.

I only used myself as an example because I don't know anyone else's weight.

You sound desperate to find how I'm comparing myself when I'm only using my experience to explain my interpretation of weight. You're not going to change my mind. I'm not trying to change yours so get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty