U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you think she is fat?
Yes 30 13.10%
No 199 86.90%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM
 
Location: The State Line
2,207 posts, read 3,013,352 times
Reputation: 2477

Advertisements

If we're going on the fact that many Americans are overweight, yes. From a general perspective, no.

Either way, I think if people were more accustomed to her without corsets, shapers, or even push-up bras, etc. they would just see her as normal and she wouldn't have such a discussion. That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2013, 07:37 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 1,171,757 times
Reputation: 2832
She's not fat, but some could say she's on the borderline. She has curves, but very thick. If she's not careful, I can see her being fat in the not too near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2013, 07:47 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 1,171,757 times
Reputation: 2832
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
But what you say isn't happening. More women are getting ever fatter by the day. They are not starving and getting thinner or exercising to get more fit. They are getting bigger, and relying on vanity sizing to make themselves feel better about how large they are.

To be fair, men aren't getting thinner either.

Reading some of the responses here tells me people are out of touch with what a healthy weight should be.

Christina weighs more than she should at her height. She is not fat but definitely could lose some weight and tone up.

I find it hard to trust the judgement of overweight people. Usually the more a person weighs, the more skewed sense they have of what a normal person should weigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2013, 08:13 PM
 
4,044 posts, read 5,943,114 times
Reputation: 3819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Reading some of the responses here tells me people are out of touch with what a healthy weight should be.

Christina weighs more than she should at her height. She is not fat but definitely could lose some weight and tone up.
No, she doesn't.

Also, why should she "tone up"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2013, 09:08 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 1,171,757 times
Reputation: 2832
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
No, she doesn't.

Also, why should she "tone up"?
She's very thick in some of the pictures, definitely more than 154lbs. Add in the fact it gets harder the older you get(she was born in 1975) she should probably could stand to lose a few pounds. The very first picture was very flattering. The other ones showed her true shape. Again not fat but very meaty.

I have nothing against Christina Hendricks, but if people are saying she is the standard of what a normal female should weigh at her height, no wonder people are becoming fatter every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2013, 09:50 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Reputation: 7485
I don't know why Kim K is held up as the standard of curvy,but then when I look at them both from the front in the pics,Kim k looks curvy while Christina doesn't. From the front she looks straight shaped.

The real reason I think Chrsitina is called fat is because she is tall,like 5ft 10in.
The men that say they wan to sleep with her,probably wouldn't in real life,simply because it seems lots of men don't like tall women with meat on the bones. Men seem to love short thick women and tall skinny women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2013, 01:07 AM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
13,432 posts, read 4,416,964 times
Reputation: 6944
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I don't know why Kim K is held up as the standard of curvy,but then when I look at them both from the front in the pics,Kim k looks curvy while Christina doesn't. From the front she looks straight shaped.

The real reason I think Chrsitina is called fat is because she is tall,like 5ft 10in.
The men that say they wan to sleep with her,probably wouldn't in real life,simply because it seems lots of men don't like tall women with meat on the bones. Men seem to love short thick women and tall skinny women.
Yes, they would. The average American male has at best a slim chance of sleeping with a woman better looking than Christina Hendricks let alone one of equal appearance. Any average guy would have to be crazy to turn her down...you must be kidding!

It is not like they can just choose these women like you would a food item at a grocery store. Women in that category have no problem saying "No" or just lying or making excuses (already have a boy friend, not a good time, etc) if they decide to give an average guy the time of day at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Bronx, New York
2,141 posts, read 2,452,575 times
Reputation: 3181
If her health is good than losing weight simply for the sake of pleasing people she doesn't know nor care about is pointless. Why does every woman have to look the same? It's gotten to the point where people are like if your waist to hip ratio isn't this and if you dont' have a thigh gap then you can't be considered attractive. Beauty has been reduced to a mathematical formula and if you don't fit those numbers you need to die trying or just hate yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
She's very thick in some of the pictures, definitely more than 154lbs. Add in the fact it gets harder the older you get(she was born in 1975) she should probably could stand to lose a few pounds. The very first picture was very flattering. The other ones showed her true shape. Again not fat but very meaty.
I have nothing against Christina Hendricks, but if people are saying she is the standard of what a normal female should weigh at her height, no wonder people are becoming fatter every year.
I also agree with this. I doubt too many guys would kick her out of bed or could even get her into bed in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Yes, they would. The average American male has at best a slim chance of sleeping with a woman better looking than Christina Hendricks let alone one of equal appearance. Any average guy would have to be crazy to turn her down...you must be kidding!

It is not like they can just choose these women like you would a food item at a grocery store. Women in that category have no problem saying "No" or just lying or making excuses (already have a boy friend, not a good time, etc) if they decide to give an average guy the time of day at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM
hvl
 
403 posts, read 418,637 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
If her health is good than losing weight simply for the sake of pleasing people she doesn't know nor care about is pointless. Why does every woman have to look the same? It's gotten to the point where people are like if your waist to hip ratio isn't this and if you dont' have a thigh gap then you can't be considered attractive. Beauty has been reduced to a mathematical formula and if you don't fit those numbers you need to die trying or just hate yourself.



I also agree with this. I doubt too many guys would kick her out of bed or could even get her into bed in the first place.
I hate, hate, hate the thigh gap.

People place different utilities on various things. Say you're a woman who enjoys food, loves a drink here and there and who generally enjoys that kind of pleasure. Say that lifestyle, which is totally satisfying, leaves you just slightly overweight and without a thigh gap but with no health problems. Furthermore, a good number of men, not all of them, find you rather attractive. Losing more weight is possible at that point, but it would involve giving up on the gastronomical pleasures and being constantly on the lookout for calories. Why would a woman like that give up on one of her favorite things in life because good is not enough and she has to work very hard to be perfect ? For some people, being under bmi=20 is some kind of good in itself. For others it's a goal that would require much sacrifice, for dubious benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2013, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Reputation: 25978
Thigh gap is 100% dependent on your hip width (and slightly on thigh musculature). If your hips aren't wide enough, you'll never get a thigh gap, unless perhaps you diet down to a dangerous weight.

Waste of time to focus on that, that's for sure. Want a thigh gap? Take a bigger step. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top