U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think she is fat?
Yes 30 13.10%
No 199 86.90%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2013, 02:39 PM

21,461 posts, read 22,692,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Thigh gap is 100% dependent on your hip width (and slightly on thigh musculature). If your hips aren't wide enough, you'll never get a thigh gap, unless perhaps you diet down to a dangerous weight.

Waste of time to focus on that, that's for sure. Want a thigh gap? Take a bigger step. Problem solved.
When talk of the thigh gap began popping up everywhere, I started looking at the instructors in my workout DVDs. Every single one of them has thighs that touch. Goes to show what a ridiculous (and dangerous) concept it is.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 03:21 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,891,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I haven't owned a TV since 2005 and hadn't a clue who she was. And I still don't care...but popular culture is relevant to many peoples' lives. Sort of like commenting on the weather - basically meaningless, but a uniting social theme.

Still, you took the time to open the thread and type a response.

What's funny??
Your last sentence was meant to belittle me in some fashion but blew up in your face.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:04 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
When talk of the thigh gap began popping up everywhere, I started looking at the instructors in my workout DVDs. Every single one of them has thighs that touch. Goes to show what a ridiculous (and dangerous) concept it is.
Yup! It is so dumb. You can be a workout fanatic and if your body doesn't have the shape for a thigh gap it is not happening. Better focus on a metric you can control like lifting more weight, working out longer, doing more push-ups or going faster.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:39 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
I just saw her guesting on a talk show, wearing contemporary clothes vs. vintage Mad Men fashion. I don't think it's a rerun, so I'm assuming this is what she currently looks like. It's TV, which can distort, but she appears to have a tiny waist, ENORMOUS boobs, and relatively wide hips. There are definitely foundation garments at work, but nothing that would completely change your body shape. I wouldn't call her fat by any stretch of the imagination, I'd call her thin with a very voluptuous (but not fake-looking) bust, far more voluptuous than average.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:58 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,632,569 times
I saw her on Rachel Ray this morning.Yeah it really is the boobs that kind of throw people off about her shape. Anything that doesn't cling to her is going to make her look frumpy. But when you are busty and you accentuate it and dont want to look like a parachute draped over a gumdrop some people want to hate. Along with the fact that she has a small head in comparison, I think, makes her look even bustier. I will agree her weight does fluctuate and when it does she gains a couple of cups right away. DDD? Yeah right. Maybe at her skinniest.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:31 PM

347 posts, read 399,180 times
There is a difference between Out-of-shape/not fit and Fat, she is in between. She has enough potential to be fat as she gets older if she don't get into shape now.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:21 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I saw her on Rachel Ray this morning.Yeah it really is the boobs that kind of throw people off about her shape. Anything that doesn't cling to her is going to make her look frumpy. But when you are busty and you accentuate it and dont want to look like a parachute draped over a gumdrop some people want to hate. Along with the fact that she has a small head in comparison, I think, makes her look even bustier. I will agree her weight does fluctuate and when it does she gains a couple of cups right away. DDD? Yeah right. Maybe at her skinniest.
Being busty myself, I can say it's VERY difficult to dress. Clothing rarely fits, and when it does it tends to drape weird and make you look much larger than you really are. If you do dress in something that is form fitting (not tight) you look almost lewd because you're 'flaunting' your shape. It's really a no-win proposition for the most part.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Being busty myself, I can say it's VERY difficult to dress. Clothing rarely fits, and when it does it tends to drape weird and make you look much larger than you really are. If you do dress in something that is form fitting (not tight) you look almost lewd because you're 'flaunting' your shape. It's really a no-win proposition for the most part.
Isn't that the truth! I am the same (busty), and it is difficult to dress to look good without looking either lewd or frumpy! My best looks are blouses that are semi-fitted but skim my figure, showing that I do have some kind of waist under my large bust. Very fitted tops and sweaters make me feel self-conscious, and only wear fitted tanks for riding my bike or working out.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:20 AM

4,044 posts, read 5,941,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
She's very thick in some of the pictures, definitely more than 154lbs. Add in the fact it gets harder the older you get(she was born in 1975) she should probably could stand to lose a few pounds. The very first picture was very flattering. The other ones showed her true shape. Again not fat but very meaty.

I have nothing against Christina Hendricks, but if people are saying she is the standard of what a normal female should weigh at her height, no wonder people are becoming fatter every year.
Christina Hendricks has a perfectly healthy weight for her body type.
Never mind she's gorgeous - but who has time to notice THAT when the woman fails to be "skin, bones and hard muscle"? Maybe a real man would have had the time to notice that, as opposed to the ersatz, de-balled male of our modern times who somehow has come to expect women to look like skeletons, body builders or super athletes - all muscle, no fat, and ready to save him from his own sexual and economic inadequacies.

She is NOT fat, she is naturally more curvy because this is how she was designed by nature. Breaking news: a good chunk of the female population world wide is designed like that.

If you expect all women to be bony, hard muscles and zero body fat, Madonna-style or "peasant-working-hard-in-the-fields" (or gym) style - then you are the one who's wrong because most women don't have this body type. Only some do, the others have to contort into millions of impossible ways to get remotely close to that - and this is no way to live.

In addition, you are the type contributing to the rise of anorexia, bulimia and all sorts of other disorders in women who were created by nature to be slightly round, soft and yes, "meaty" - all this at a perfectly healty weight; and who are now unable to accept their body for what it is, trying to transform it an into an athletic-hard body instead - which is obviously not possible for such women, at least not while maintaining a normal, obsession-free lifestyle.

If you are trying to make the argument that Cristina Hendricks being considered normal has led to the morbid obesity we can seen in the population, then you are promoting heavily straw arguments and you are as dishonest OR just plain WRONG as anyone has ever been.

Last edited by syracusa; 11-19-2013 at 09:09 AM..

Old 01-12-2014, 09:46 PM

13,424 posts, read 4,415,155 times
The 87% that voted not fat vs. the 13% that said fact pretty much says it all. About 13% of our people believe anyone that is not anorexic/skeletal in appearance is obese. 87% of us know better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty