U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think she is fat?
Yes 30 13.10%
No 199 86.90%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 PM

2,888 posts, read 4,484,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
I think if she didn't have such a beautiful face and wasn't squeezed into such expensive foundation garments, people would think she was fat. Put a homely middle-aged woman with that body into clothes from Wal-mart and people wouldn't be so kind.
Good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 12:58 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,167,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
No.

I cannot imagine anyone thinking she is "fat" unless they have an extremely warped sense of what a healthy human being looks like.
Agreed. Only a bulimic or anorexic person would think that she is fat which I would attribute to their warped sense of reality.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 8,292,674 times
I can't tell from the pics I just googled... I have only seen her in full-length dresses which cover up her stomach/hips/thighs and accentuate her breasts. Having big, curvy breasts/hips does not make you fat.

However, a larger stomach, waist, thighs do IMO, and it is very likely she has this all cinched up in Spandex under her fuller cut dresses. Spandex hides a lot. And still her waist is not small and she does not look 154 to me - she looks like she would weigh more. And bigger breasts don't weigh that much.

If I saw her in a swimsuit/work out clothes then I could make a better assessment. I'd guess she is in the slightly overweight category on the charts (but maybe not by American standards) - but who cares, she is beautiful.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:20 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,151,996 times
Yea she is fat, they are using that misleading main pic of her thats old or photoshopped where she looks thin but watching Mad Men, shes a fat broad. Just having large breasts doesnt excuse a woman from being fat. I know a lot of big boob fetishists like her but shes definitely larger than what most men want.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:24 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,544,033 times
5'8" and 154 is not fat, but if she is indeed heavier and approaching the 170 limit, then it's overweight. The country you are from also impacts ones perception of fat. I am 6'1" and 196 lb man and people in India called me extremely obese and often made fun of my weight. In the United States, I pass off as hefty.

Personally, I prefer women around 5'7" and 124 lb with smooth snow white skin. By my perception, women above 5' 10" and 164 lb are overweight. This person may be at the boundary limit of overweight and healthy.

I prefer to use overweight instead of fat. For me, fat=obese. Hence I voted no.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-02-2013 at 01:39 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 02:11 PM

2,494 posts, read 1,858,153 times
In Hollywood terms...she overweight/fat.

Most women on TV that are her height, tend to be lean and waif like. Shorter celebrities may be a bit plumper, but they're still small by most people's standards.

Famous people always seem to have smaller frames than you expect and usually have much larger heads...literally. I think she has a more normal body but seems large because she's surrounded by small women.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:15 PM

21,496 posts, read 22,749,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I agree... I also think that she looks a lot bigger when she's on Mad Men because, as someone else already pointed out I believe, her fellow actresses are MUCH MUCH smaller than she is. When you're surrounded by slim size 0s, of course a size 6 or above is going to look gigantic.
Yeah, I was never a huge Buffy fan, but I remember the actress who played Tara looked huge next to teeny-tiny Sarah Michelle Gellar and Allyson Hannigan. She was probably a 4 or 6, but compared to 00s, that's a big difference.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:48 PM

38,784 posts, read 37,987,002 times
I'd sop her up with a biscuit.

If that is fat, then I like fat chicks....

Old 11-02-2013, 04:31 PM

38,784 posts, read 37,987,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
I think if she didn't have such a beautiful face and wasn't squeezed into such expensive foundation garments, people would think she was fat. Put a homely middle-aged woman with that body into clothes from Wal-mart and people wouldn't be so kind.
Yeah, shes got the huge rack, and sometimes big boobs can make a woman look "fat" especially if she doesn't have a good bra that supports her properly.

There is a pic on this thread of her on the red carpet and as a man I like that her girls are popping out the top of her dress , but I got to say, aesthetically it doesn't look appropriate though, it would appear like she should have a better fitting dress.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 11,862 times
Top heavy and out of proportion. Despite her denials, earlier photos compared with now, indicate she chose implants at some point. I think she has a beautiful face but don't care for the "Dolly Parton" body type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty