U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 06:55 AM

38 posts, read 55,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
wth is going on with people???
LOL I have no clue! It seems the world gets more cruel & selfish by the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 07:00 AM

[quote= I don't put a whole lot of effort into my looks anymore because I feel the same way, the attention makes me feel uncomfortable. That and I don't care anymore and it takes too much time. But its also frustrating that I have yet to find a guy that's likes me for who I am.[/QUOTE]

I think if you want to look nice, you should for you! Many guys don't approach me either. They stare like I'm some circus freak, but it never goes further than that

Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 AM

324 posts, read 447,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfZion View Post
There were some really great replies here! Those who claim it may be my personality @Newdaawn @Freelee @runswithscissors please explain why even the most socially awkward people or plain a holes can have many friends & I don't. I'm not weird, mean or stuck up. If anything,others are too stuck on me. I have an average personality. All People have personality flaws & others still accept them (which they should). I put my best foot forward and get cruelty &threats in return.I'm tired of that played out "its your personality" line.
Yes we can judge you by personality just from what you post here or any of us. Do any of us know we have a bad personality? I sure if you ask any of us we'll all say we are the nicest people around, yet ask our friends or people we encounter and I bet some might agree and others wil give a much different description of our personality. Fact is YOU think it's because you're beautiful. YOU THINK IT. I am sure that comes off... don't you think?

Then you state a holes and socially awkward people have friends. lol Says who.. you?? They have friends and you don't. Time to reexamine yourself.

occam's razor tells me it's probably your personality vs being stunningly gorgeous.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:36 AM

7,972 posts, read 9,103,531 times
Quote:
I think if you want to look nice, you should for you! Many guys don't approach me either. They stare like I'm some circus freak, but it never goes further than that
Too be fair,I'm socially awkward,and unattractive,and I don't have freinds either.
I am willing to bet 90% of people on CD don't have friends...otherwise they wouldn't be on CD.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:55 AM

6,415 posts, read 9,323,912 times
Quote:
There were some really great replies here! Those who claim it may be my personality @Newdaawn @Freelee @runswithscissors please explain why even the most socially awkward people or plain a holes can have many friends & I don't. I'm not weird, mean or stuck up. If anything,others are too stuck on me. I have an average personality. All People have personality flaws & others still accept them (which they should). I put my best foot forward and get cruelty &threats in return.I'm tired of that played out "its your personality" line.
You thinking that "others are too stuck on me" is clear indication of the problem. It seems kind of delusional to think that. And not a bit stuck on yourself.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:20 PM

11,882 posts, read 9,316,759 times
Quote:
As I get older, I encounter more & more problems because of my looks.
How do you confirm this is because of your looks. Unless you have a firm talk with your friends who do this, you are not going to find out the true reason.

As a guy, I never experienced this. But if it happens, I would sit down and have a firm and serious talk. Chances are, they may know that acting in such a way hurts you. If they are truly at fault, you need to stand up and say something along the lines of "Come on dude, this aint right".

If you find it hard to analyze whether its because of your personality of theirs, please sit down and start the conversation gently but firmly. Ask what action of yours turns them off. Talk with them and tell them you feel uncomfortable whenever they ignore you and react in a mean way. Try to come to a truce and break even with reasonable promises.

I advice you to post this query under the Non Romantic Relationship section as well.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:55 PM

11,736 posts, read 15,558,415 times
it is not only the shallow people but the sheer rudeness of people anymore . I mean you email someone and you write what you think is a nice email and they never answer it and you are like wth ? and i usually write people off after they show me their true selves meaning if they show me that they are selfish and shallow and believe me when I say sooner or later you will see the true self . I wish you luck . I guess people are way to busy on their ipods to have friends anymore .

Old 11-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
Yes we can judge you by personality just from what you post here or any of us. Do any of us know we have a bad personality? I sure if you ask any of us we'll all say we are the nicest people around, yet ask our friends or people we encounter and I bet some might agree and others wil give a much different description of our personality. Fact is YOU think it's because you're beautiful. YOU THINK IT. I am sure that comes off... don't you think?

Then you state a holes and socially awkward people have friends. lol Says who.. you?? They have friends and you don't. Time to reexamine yourself.

occam's razor tells me it's probably your personality vs being stunningly gorgeous.
I do have friends,there are just a small circle of them. I find that most people don't want to befriend me, while some others have countless friends. The thing I can say is that the friends I do have are of high quality, loyal & genuine so I am blessed. It just bothers me that people GO OUT OF THEY'RE WAY to show they're dislike. That's not very fair don't you think? If you don't like me, carry on with your business. Also, it seems as soon as someone mentions their looks, people want to jump on them and pull the conceded card. Its not viewed as polite to mention your looks but I know others feel this way too as they have told me.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:57 PM

I've been thinking about it, and being 20 in this looks, media, and image obsessed generation may be the problem. I'm not like a lot of other people my age. I actually enjoy reading & want to improve myself intellectually & just overall. I'm a tad more mature. I think loosing my mother at 9 y/o contributed to that. I often find the things some of my peers say & do really childish .Not to put them down because I know they'll grow with time. I get along perfect with people 10+years older than me though. I really don't believe my character is that horrible as I do pray & self reflect on a regular basis.

Last edited by DaughterOfZion; 11-03-2013 at 06:11 PM..

Old 11-03-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
too be fair,i'm socially awkward,and unattractive,and i don't have freinds either.
I am willing to bet 90% of people on cd don't have friends...otherwise they wouldn't be on cd.
rotfl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty