U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 09:59 AM

3,258 posts, read 1,518,842 times

Advertisements

I have friends, but I much prefer CD!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 11:32 AM

6,754 posts, read 3,402,726 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Too be fair,I'm socially awkward,and unattractive,and I don't have freinds either.
I am willing to bet 90% of people on CD don't have friends...otherwise they wouldn't be on CD.
I am not sure that is really true. A lot of the people I have meet on CD (including myself) have outside friends... but are just bored of talking to the same people over and over again. I am sure some might be more socially awkward, but there are also those that might be hyper social. By meeting people through this method you actually are more likely to get the opportunity to meet someone you would not be likely to actually talk to if you met face to face. That in part is what can make it interesting for some people.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:47 AM

20,365 posts, read 20,555,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
LOL ... did you take a poll.
I have heard the exact opposity sterotypes ... ex people that are not attractive are extra nice to compensate for that...

thanks, I'm nice...but now realize I'm also ugly...

Old 01-18-2017, 03:18 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,983,544 times
I conducted the same experiment, on 2 different online match sites:

I wrote a profile with very specific zingers, e.g. I don't like travel.

for the first run, I used my own photo -- zero responses.

for the second run, I used an age-appropriate photo of a male model.

this version had literally dozens of women respond, but here's the rub: when I read their profiles, my profile (as written) was in direct conflict with their likes/dislikes.

conclusion: they either focused only on the photo, or, they did read my profile but didn't care that we wouldn't be a match in anything but physical attraction...

Old 01-18-2017, 04:12 PM

2,999 posts, read 4,726,787 times
Quote:
Too be fair,I'm socially awkward,and unattractive,and I don't have freinds either.
I am willing to bet 90% of people on CD don't have friends...otherwise they wouldn't be on CD.
You know what's funny? I still run into some people who do actually think like that. I think it's a weird generational slice from the transition of the internet from a world of geeks to the general public. Because I mean, it is 2017 on a widely visited internet forum. Not 1998 on ICQ chat. There's nothing wrong with being socially awkward or being an introvert. But I definitely don't think anyone can assume that 90% of people using a general forum on the internet these days is only doing so because they have no friends. But I do hear comments like that from time to time.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:30 PM

15,747 posts, read 11,855,829 times
Quote:
I do have friends. But they aren't allowed to show up at my workplace . I am only here during the day when I am bored but have to look busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty