Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 04:45 PM

38 posts, read 87,366 times

Advertisements

As I get older, I encounter more & more problems because of my looks. I've never been ugly, but I was a plain girl growing up. Now that I'm 20, my face has thinned some & my features stand out. Adjusting to the stares & attention has been crazy! I realize I'm attractive from ppl telling me (and the jealousy I receive from women & gay men) but i still feel like that plain little girl inside. I've had women idk roll their eyes at me, try to fight me, or just being standoffish. I can honestly say I'm humble & don't give them reasons to hate me. But it's as if they're set on hating me before getting to know me! It hurts being judged on something so shallow. Girls will talk with me 1 day & be mean & ignore me the next.I often suspect I don't realize just how intimidating my looks are. I walk into a room & the whole atmosphere changes. Women act so irritated by my presence! The treatment I receive from others because of my looks makes me self conscious. I don't believe in changing who you are for approval so how can I stop caring how ppl feel about me & learn to accept myself? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 04:52 PM

262 posts, read 546,657 times
This is why I just keep to myself and mind own business.

Some women are just so weird.

Women seem to like to have girlfriends that are in the same "ranking" as them, so they don't feel threatened. Unless her friend is the "token ugly girl" of the group.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:05 PM

3 posts, read 9,657 times
Get involved in activities that interest you or volunteer for some worthy cause. Someplace where people have the same interests as you and are not as hung up on looks or being intimated by them, i.e., confident, secure people with goals in life. Those who repeatedly react negative to you are just not worth it in the first place if you are a nice person and respectful. That goes for anyone. You can't help how people will react to you. When you are very pretty but shy, some people can take it the wrong way. Let others get to know you for you and develop your personality. You will always have problems with those who are intimidated by your looks, learn not to take it to heart. There are worse things in life. Use your assets to your advantage in a positive way.

Last edited by Lavaux14; 10-31-2013 at 06:23 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 09:02 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,499,932 times
Many women cant stand beautiful women - that's just the way it is - they feel very threatened - try to ignore them and be proud of your good looks - sneer right back at them - enjoy it while you can because it wont last forever. When I was in my early 20s I was very good looking and many women were very mean to me. Most ugly women are very mean.

Get involved with people who don't care about looks at much - or confident people that don't care how beautiful you are. volunteer at an animal shelter.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:50 PM

404 posts, read 385,496 times
This lady I use to work with is very attractive. She's was always in high heels and cute outfits and the plain girls treated her so poorly. It use to crack me up at how jealous they were of her. They mostly wear jeans, t-shirts and flip flops to work. They also wear their hair in ponytails. It would be like taking the women from the Alaska Women Looking For Love show and add Pamela Anderson (when she was young) into the mix.

Anyway, the attractive woman kept messing up and got fired. The plain janes were so happy about this. I just shook my head.

I like having very attractive people around me. It reminds me not to get comfortable, hit the gym and to keep my looks up.

I remember when I was younger I use to wear high heels, tight jeans etc and could feel the envy off plain broads. I would try to be extra nice and not wear my really nice jewelry just to keep the drama down.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:53 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,962 times
Trust me, it's not just a woman thing. Some guys do this to other men too. You don't know how many times I have had guys hate on me because they feel "threatened". It just sucks.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:14 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,832,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Many women cant stand beautiful women - that's just the way it is - they feel very threatened - try to ignore them and be proud of your good looks - sneer right back at them - enjoy it while you can because it wont last forever. When I was in my early 20s I was very good looking and many women were very mean to me. Most ugly women are very mean.

Get involved with people who don't care about looks at much - or confident people that don't care how beautiful you are. volunteer at an animal shelter.
Most ugly women aren't mean.

Where did you get that from?

I'm an ugly women physically,and I've been treated mean by beautiful and plain women,so it goes both ways.

I don't want to sound cliche,but maybe its the OP's personality?

Old 11-01-2013, 06:07 AM

262 posts, read 546,657 times
Farfax should of said, insecure women tend to be mean.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:14 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,545,155 times
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" lol seems to be the mantra of the original poster. Are you SURE that is the reason? Maybe you should get your nose out of the air.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:25 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,437,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfZion View Post
As I get older, I encounter more & more problems because of my looks. I've never been ugly, but I was a plain girl growing up. Now that I'm 20, my face has thinned some & my features stand out. Adjusting to the stares & attention has been crazy! I realize I'm attractive from ppl telling me (and the jealousy I receive from women & gay men) but i still feel like that plain little girl inside. I've had women idk roll their eyes at me, try to fight me, or just being standoffish. I can honestly say I'm humble & don't give them reasons to hate me. But it's as if they're set on hating me before getting to know me! It hurts being judged on something so shallow. Girls will talk with me 1 day & be mean & ignore me the next.I often suspect I don't realize just how intimidating my looks are. I walk into a room & the whole atmosphere changes. Women act so irritated by my presence! The treatment I receive from others because of my looks makes me self conscious. I don't believe in changing who you are for approval so how can I stop caring how ppl feel about me & learn to accept myself? Thanks!
Yes, you're older than earlier in your life, yet, you are still so very young. Being 20, one of your main problems is getting through your twenties without making dumb, life-changing mistakes, so, practice not being bothered by what people who don't matter, say or do. Enjoy being young and avoid tying yourself down too soon by being choosy about those allowed in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty