Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More annoying: Formal clothing in Winter Vs. Summer
Winter 6 22.22%
Summer 21 77.78%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
You don't have a choice to pick who you are, compadres You can run but you can't hide.

Urban Dictionary: desi

So it seems that you already wear suit + tie. Just don't pick them from Kohl's.
The last Definition is outright racist .

I have zero tolerance for racism on the basis of religion, caste, or lifestyle. Avoid such links in the future.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-03-2013 at 09:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 10:37 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Having to don formal attire in the dog days of summer is much worse than having to do so in the winter. As a man with an athletic build the top button of the dress shirt and my neck are NOT friends. This relationship grows even more strained when the temp goes over 90 degrees.

I feel you there.

I suggest getting dress shirts tailored. Buying off-the-rack for a man with a trim and athletic build is definitely tough. I used to have a LOT of trouble. Since it has been 9 years since I stopped wrestling and my neck is therefore not as thick now, I can go off the rack from some places like Express slim or Banana Republic slim for some shirts but still get others tailored. This is simply because buying by "neck size" is so pointless and not representative of arm-length, chest size, waist size etc. It's like buying shoes based on the width if your pinky toe. Sure, there might be correlations out there that get it right for a small % of the population, but the rest are left with shirts that don't fit well and are either uncomfortable, unattractive or both!

If you get them tailored, you can get the proper size in all of those and it will not be uncomfortable to button and still fit well everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty