U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM

706 posts, read 912,068 times

Advertisements

Mine is not that long but it is midway my back. I plan on letting it grow to my butt and no further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM

2,492 posts, read 2,211,255 times
The only women with hair that long I see live in trailer parks. It doesnt look classy or sexy. It looks scraggly and witchy. If you are under 25 maybe, but that style after detracts from your beauty. Down to the bra strap,healthy, thick hair can look stunning but past the waist and I just think,Crystal Gayle,horses tails,old biker chicks and fundamentalist Christians.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:57 PM

11,427 posts, read 19,438,504 times
I had hair like that growing up, but that was the fashion. It was a pain -- I had to loosely braid it every night so I wouldn't end up with rats nests in the morning.

I went from super long to a Dorothy Hamill haircut. I was never so happy. Had short hair for years. I've gotten longer hair now, but I will never go back to super long hair -- my hair's texture has changed and it will look AWFUL that way. No body, no texture (my hair goes all soft)....

Old 11-02-2013, 03:24 PM

38,754 posts, read 37,920,228 times
I like long hair on a woman, or man, for that matter, but I find that at some point it gets sort of "weird" looking.

I, for some reason, choose the butt to be the longest it should go, every time I see a woman and her hair is past her rear, it just looks funny to me.

Crystal Gale comes to mind.

Mrs. Chow has really long hair, down to just past her butt, and it is really dark and shiny and healthy looking, but I think any longer and it would start to warrant it's own zip code.

I have hair down to my mid back, that seems to be about as far I want it to go, I don't want it much longer.

People talk about it being a pita, I find sort of the opposite. I shower at night, get up in the morning put it in a pony tail. Don't have to worry about going to get hair cuts, Mrs. Chow trims it for me once in a while.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:22 PM

15,574 posts, read 9,650,106 times
If you like it that is all that matters, but personally I like shorter hair on a girl or woman, and the older they get the hair should get shorter too. Too long hair on a middle aged woman just makes her look all that much older IMO.

Don

Old 11-02-2013, 07:00 PM

2,456 posts, read 2,438,058 times
You have a lean, willowy frame and I think it suits you. Very ethereal. I would enjoy seeing it if we passed by on the street. I love individuality in people who obviously care for their appearance.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:38 PM

3,446 posts, read 7,654,222 times
OP - I think your hair would look better cut to the waist - I think it would look thicker and healthier that way. Your hair is beautiful BTW. I also don't understand women who wear their long hair in a pony or bun - why bother? Either show it off or cut it.

Well - I was forced to have a pixie cut as a child and ever since my hair has been long - a few months ago it was down to my waist but looked very scraggly - I finally got it cut to about bra strap length and I looked 10 years younger - no kidding.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:02 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,520,511 times
I've always had long hair. Mine would often reach just below the crack o' my butt but then I'd have to cut a few inches off due to split ends, etc. Recently I whacked off about 8" because it continues to thin out more and more with age, but it still covers my upper-back.

I particularly liked my long hair in the early-to-mid 80's when everyone else was chopping theirs short. I stood out, and that's when I garnered the most compliments.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:09 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,810,094 times
last year i cut my thick, strawberry blonde hair from mid thigh to tailbone. Didn't want to look like another old hag hanging on. I get tons of compliments on it down or ponied up.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:34 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,274,846 times
Beautiful! I had long hair to my rear, not as long as yours, but I donated it. I just get tired of one hairstyle after awhile. I grow it out, cut it, grow it out, cut it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or