U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 08:14 PM

1,305 posts, read 548,667 times

Advertisements

I had waist-length hair for several years. Now, I'm happy with the length being mid-back or a little above it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 05:37 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,140,440 times
I get that you like it, fine. It makes you happy, great.

Pride? Why proud? Its not like you had to practice a musical instrument or sport in grueling 8 hour days to be good at it etc.
Just, let it grow. Not exactly hard.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:11 PM

412 posts, read 404,348 times
I read this post with interest. I've had short hair (pixie cut) most of my adult life and recently have been trying to let my hair grow out a bit for something different. My hair is chin length now so it is not long enough to wear in a ponytail and my hair is driving me crazy! It gets in my face all the time. How do people with long hair stand it? Do you wear ponytails all the time?

When I'm working, every time I look down at my desk my hair falls directly into my eyes. Every time I walk outside and the wind blows, my hair gets in my eyes and I can't see. If I'm carrying something, I can't move my hair out of my eyes so I worry that I'm going to get hit by a car in a busy parking lot. When I do anything active (yoga, tennis, walk dogs, hike, etc.) I have to pin my hair back with various types of barrettes or bobby pins. Hair spray helps somewhat, but I don't want a total helmet head.

I think I'm ready to go back to a pixie cut. I think long hair is pretty to look at, but highly impractical. How do you long haired people deal with it?

Old 01-21-2018, 12:21 PM

647 posts, read 228,628 times
I grew up with copper coloured, super thick hair. It was the one thing people would comment about in regards to my looks. I never felt any pride about it, though, it was just how I was born. Seems like a weird thing to be proud about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I HATE when my hair gets much beyond shoulder length. I hate the feeling when you lean back in a chair (or in the car) and your hair is pinned behind you. Same goes for sleeping. And if it gets too long, it just looks flat and lifeless. It always amazes me when I have 3-4+" cut off how much more body and movement my hair has!
Yes, this, exactly! When my hair grew to my shoulder blades it seemed like I was always leaning back on it, which was so annoying especially when driving.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:27 PM

3,785 posts, read 8,762,556 times
I have hair almost to my waist. For me, long hair is waaaayyyy easier than short. When I had short hair, I had to get regular trims so that it would hold it's shape, I had to style it everyday with lots of potions and heat. I had only a couple of options for how to wear it.

With my long hair, I style it a gazillion different ways. Updos, braids (there's hundreds of way to braid), pony-tails, half up/half down, etc. I only need trims a few times a year.

I don't know if I have pride in my long hair. It is pretty and wavy so maybe there's some vainness. So what?

Old 01-21-2018, 12:48 PM

11,427 posts, read 19,438,504 times
I am hypothyroid and one of the issues is hair thinning. And yet, I need to keep my hair out of my way sometimes. But ponytails are out...the tightness and the pulling of my hair is creating more stress on my follicles.

Hence, the octopus jaw clip.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/sc...e&reactjs=true

I gather my hair up, twist it lightly and put one of these gizmos in. Holds well, because of the silicone coating, and no stress on my hair, it’s not tight.

I like a ponytail and I look good in a ponytail, but I don’t want to do it too much.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:23 PM

3,996 posts, read 1,774,084 times
Purse straps, backpacks, coats, seatbelts, necklaces, little baby fists ... Iíve shut my hair in car doors & rolled it up in windows. Candlelight midnight mass with a sleepy kid behind you?

ďOops! Excuse me, you are sitting on my hair ...Ē.

Even with all that; Iím growing mine out again. I just didnít feel like me with shorter hair.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:28 PM

4,095 posts, read 1,715,405 times
I'll never understand why people with ONE post open YEARS old threads???

Anyway, IMO, super long hair looks good on no one.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 333 times
Smile i love yor hair

I also like long hair but i do not have long hair like you. So please give me the some tips which i can used for growth of my hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechoirlady View Post
I'm proud of my long hair. I was always given the choice of how I wanted my hair and I always had it long. 33 years and it's never been cut. Just trimmed. It's not common in my area to see hair like this and people recognize me from church because of my knee-length hair. It's not hard for me to take care of my hair; I've never known any different. I would probably have more trouble managing short hair than long hair.

So, any other ladies here who are long haired and proud of it?

Old 01-24-2018, 12:10 PM

10,061 posts, read 9,309,886 times
I used to have hair that was almost to my waist when it was straightened. Now, I've gone in the other direction and sport a very short pixie cut, which I've had for many years now. IMHO, really long hair is good for my daughters, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or