U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 12:34 PM

5,752 posts, read 3,193,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
The only women with hair that long I see live in trailer parks. It doesnt look classy or sexy. It looks scraggly and witchy. If you are under 25 maybe, but that style after detracts from your beauty. Down to the bra strap,healthy, thick hair can look stunning but past the waist and I just think,Crystal Gayle,horses tails,old biker chicks and fundamentalist Christians.

Move out of the trailer park!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 04:42 PM

1,221 posts, read 711,624 times
That is some long hair!

The longest my natural hair has grown is maybe 2 inches below my shoulders. I just put extensions in it, to have it hit just below the middle of my back. I LOVE it.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:41 AM

14 posts, read 4,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I've always had long hair, but don't need or want it THAT long. I keep my ends trimmed, so it looks healthy and thick! Keeping the ends trimmed allows it to grow longer, too...mitigates the breakage!

This is a good thinking for hair care, most of the person make hair so long that some time ago they lost long hairs. Long hirs take more care and safe, natural is natural hairs.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:57 PM

3,213 posts, read 1,491,064 times
Longest my hair has been was mid-back, long and blonde. I used to wear it in a braid, a really thick braid. It would be a lump under my neck at night. I cut it to my shoulders, had it thinned with highlights. I like it much better and it feels nice and light.

I like how folks grouse about older women (I'm 62) look weird in long hair. I look very weird in short hair, my face is too long and narrow for shorter hair.

Last edited by mschrief; 02-02-2018 at 07:14 PM..

Old 02-02-2018, 08:37 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,398,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I like how folks grouse about older women (I'm 62) look weird in long hair. I look very weird in short hair, my face is too long and narrow for shorter hair.

I have the same situation.

All of you long hair haters need to quell your criticism regarding older women & long hair, let this thread go back to the dead thread graveyard, and find something more productive in life, rather than criticizing a personal life choice that harms no one...talk about “first world problems”...btw, many old women in the third world have VERY LONG HAIR...should they all cut it because you say so? Will their country suddenly become first world if they cut their hair?? Ridiculous. My hair is down to my backside, I’m not succumbing to helmet hair.

Old 02-03-2018, 02:50 PM

3,213 posts, read 1,491,064 times
QUOTE, Iím not succumbing to helmet hair

Or that short, spikey post-menopause hairdo so many women-of-a-certain-age seem to have. Just not for me. They can have it!

Old 02-03-2018, 09:40 PM

219 posts, read 88,673 times
I have long hair and I absolutely love it. Mine comes to the top of my butt. I lovvve your hair! My SIL has hers all the way down to just about her ankles. I wish mine would grow longer but it just doesn't. I use a Mason Pearson brush from b-glowing on it and it helps my hair not to break or shed as much.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:16 PM

25,413 posts, read 24,177,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Longest my hair has been was mid-back, long and blonde. I used to wear it in a braid, a really thick braid. It would be a lump under my neck at night. I cut it to my shoulders, had it thinned with highlights. I like it much better and it feels nice and light.

Dang, that is some beautiful hair!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or