U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 AM

832 posts, read 1,313,814 times

Advertisements

I don't feel inadequate compared to the "exxoticals."

The emphasis on those of mixed ethnicities in the media (if there is really an emphasis, but let's say there is) sort of reminds me of the latest trend of people wanting to find out their genetic history, like if they're part American Indian or related to the Hapsburgs and whatnot. That's great for you, but are the rest of us supposed to care? Our ethnicities and physical features are passed down to us, we did not create, choose or earn them.

Everyone is exotic in his/her own way.

I don't agree that those who are exotic as you described (mixed ethnicity) are more likely to be successful or famous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 07:03 AM

1,459 posts, read 2,121,498 times
What a bizarre question.

"Exxotical" is not even a word.

I certainly do not feel inadequate. Even if I bought into the premise of the OP - and I do not - I would never choose to be admired by this iteration of American youth.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 AM

2,960 posts, read 4,692,429 times
I don't feel inadequate but I also don't compare myself to imaginary words

The OP has a way of cherry-picking or being extremely anecdotal with evidence to support their threads/posts.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 AM

19,637 posts, read 53,511,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post

3)MODELLING: Highest paid supermodel of all time: Gisele Bundchen: also an exxotical

4) ...............................

Gisele is of German ancestry, 4th or 5th generation of Germans in Brazil. Nothing exotic about Germans.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:53 AM

14,811 posts, read 18,816,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Gisele is of German ancestry, 4th or 5th generation of Germans in Brazil. Nothing exotic about Germans.
Goes to show how dumb this thread is

Old 11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,635,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
I would agree with other poster. It is one of biggest BS that I saw ever. Probably OP is to something really big but I cannot comprehend. There is millions successful people that do not look exotical.
please don't encourage the op. The adjective is exotic. Not exotical or exoticalistic or anything else.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:44 PM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,635,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Plus she looks like a dude in the face. Not the body, but thats another matter.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:53 PM

10,863 posts, read 18,902,231 times
I think you could put whatever slant you want on the OP's examples...instead of saying you have to be multiracial to make it in entertainment which seems to be her gist, you could say that those examples show that our population is becoming more diverse and more accepting of multiracial people, at least in the entertainment industries.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:17 PM

6 posts, read 3,840 times
This thread is totes exxotical. Dig it.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:43 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,362,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughandlove View Post
Miley cyrus does NOT twerk like an exxotical. Please. She is stiff and embarassing. It's like she learned off of youtube or something Lol
But I understand what you mean. Being mixed, biracial or "other" can make some people more appealing in pop culture. I personally don't give a *****. Just another person to me.

In real life, people ask my ethnicity all the time. When I was young I thought it was fun to make up mixtures and tell ppl I'm half this and half that but now I realize it's stupid. It doesn't matter. If someone thinks highly of me because of what I'm mixed with then they are superficial and not the kind of person I want to know.
At the bolded, finally someone who lives in the real world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or