U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:34 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,564,608 times

Advertisements

Something good will never go out of business, or out of style.
I think the "Ugg" boots have had it, fashionwise.
Comfort wise, however, they are EXCELLENT!
So, why the heck can't they "re-design" them, giving them an updated look, with the same comfort?
They company has to have designers working for them......
Now THAT would be a win/ win situation for the consumer and the company alike!
They should think about this idea a bit........mmmmmmmhhhhhhh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,158,807 times
Maybe the Ugg people have taken note of that time-honored adage, "if it ain't broke don't fix it."
Remember "New Coke"?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 AM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Maybe the Ugg people have taken note of that time-honored adage, "if it ain't broke don't fix it."
Remember "New Coke"?
"New Coke" ?
Nope...don't recall......

Old 11-26-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
"New Coke" ?
Nope...don't recall......
New Coke
..., but was simply the new version of Coke, until 1992 when it was renamed Coca-Cola II.
Public reaction to the change was devastating, and the new cola quickly entered the pantheon of major marketing flops....

I haven't read all of that Wikipedia entry, it looks like lots of marketing skullduggery goes on between Coke and Pepsi.
Anyway, I think some companies will make lateral moves here and there, but if their product is successful to begin with, maybe growth can happen in ways *other* than changing how something looks or tastes.
Perhaps Uggs need to be accepted for what they can do rather than what they look like. (IMHO they look just fine.)

Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,061,744 times
I remember New Coke. It was too sweet and tasted like Pepsi. And then they come out with Classic Coke....

Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
New Coke
..., but was simply the new version of Coke, until 1992 when it was renamed Coca-Cola II.
Public reaction to the change was devastating, and the new cola quickly entered the pantheon of major marketing flops....

I haven't read all of that Wikipedia entry, it looks like lots of marketing skullduggery goes on between Coke and Pepsi.
Anyway, I think some companies will make lateral moves here and there, but if their product is successful to begin with, maybe growth can happen in ways *other* than changing how something looks or tastes.
Perhaps Uggs need to be accepted for what they can do rather than what they look like. (IMHO they look just fine.)
And then there's the alternative to have it BOTH ways.
Keep the old, classic version, but introduce (simultaneous) the new version as well.
Consumers pick and chose..........and CAN chose BOTH ways.
Coke should have never, ever messed around with the ORIGINAL design....period, but just ADD ONTO ITS LINE...keeping the classic one as the flagship it's ought be.
Uggs should try the same....fresh concept, fresh start.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
And then there's the alternative to have it BOTH ways.
Keep the old, classic version, but introduce (simultaneous) the new version as well.
Consumers pick and chose..........and CAN chose BOTH ways.
Coke should have never, ever messed around with the ORIGINAL design....period, but just ADD ONTO ITS LINE...keeping the classic one as the flagship it's ought be.
Uggs should try the same....fresh concept, fresh start.

Ugg does have different styles out there:

all photos from Zappos.com

Old 11-26-2007, 07:41 PM

4,541 posts, read 12,763,505 times
Default Let's make U

Maybe they'll be like Levi Strauss... Blue jeans are tough and comfortable and and have stayed around because they are just that.

Maybe we can refuse to let them go out of style!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 PM

2,197 posts, read 6,592,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I don't have moccasins.

Where did you get your moccasins, goodbye?
I bought them at a little shoe boutique in the Marina Center on Admiralty in Marina Del Rey. I forget the name of it, but they run good sales. Nobody else had them in stock last year. They're the chestnut color, which is hard to find. The sand color gets dirty so easily, but the chestnut color is more durable. I highly recommend them-- they're great!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ugg does have different styles out there
Wow, from looking at the pics, I guess it is safe to say that Uggs have different and fresh designs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty