U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Status: "if UNTHAW is a word ..i want to UN-AGE ," (set 23 days ago)
 
17,357 posts, read 22,442,357 times
Reputation: 31737

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Perhaps the OP is too spiritually immature since he is looking at girls in church instead of concentrating on praying.
are you implying a guy would ogle other women in church or try to even ask them out???

say it aint so!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2013, 04:57 AM
 
5,584 posts, read 7,742,001 times
Reputation: 5846
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And who was supposed to leave you this memo, do you remember by any chance?
I'm not sure who, but I didn't get it! Yoga pants out, other than to yoga, are a sign of I didn't want to put on real clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 05:02 AM
 
Location: New Zealand and Australia
7,458 posts, read 11,212,931 times
Reputation: 7783
Sounds like a good church to attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
3,721 posts, read 3,319,444 times
Reputation: 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leco18 View Post
As a guy now in my college frshman year, I'm going to a school that's in the opposite part of the contry as I'm from. My parents suggested that I try to meet people by doing some volunteer things, especially with some church people. So I have. I grew up on the conservative side, and didn't know any religious people growing up. I always thought that Christian girls were sort of the same. But I notice that most of the girls my age at this church, even when representing their church by volunteering, wear these sexy, revealing type clothes like these black yoga pants with uggs and such. I've tried to just not notice or feed their ego, but dressed in those, I turn and I'm always like O...O...O! And then sometimes they give me this poker face that's unreadable. It's really frustrating! I don't think dressing in those like that is right, for doing church stuff, is it? Christian girls dressing like this? Is that Christian-like? I don't think it is!
Good God man, what the hell are you complaining about!? If you want women to wear burkhas you're in the wrong religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:51 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
19,865 posts, read 18,492,237 times
Reputation: 7967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I'm not sure who, but I didn't get it! Yoga pants out, other than to yoga, are a sign of I didn't want to put on real clothing.
What is REAL clothing?
Jeans originally date back to Italian sailors and later they were intended for workers. And now everyone wears them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 01:01 PM
 
Location: 60630
11,809 posts, read 17,244,443 times
Reputation: 10955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I missed that memo when did yoga pants with Uggs become sexy?
Well, it depends who wears it. Which now becomes a whole different issue. If a girl has a nice body she should not wear tight clothes to church because she might arouse the boys..
We just can't win.


Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 01:13 PM
 
11,301 posts, read 6,761,452 times
Reputation: 20576
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And what exactly makes you think so?
Did god personally tell you "you know, what's written in the bible on this matter applies only to other people, for you however I made a special exception"))))
No, Jesus did.

So since you expect women to dress modestly (no pants or boots!) because the bible tells them to, do you follow every law of the bible as well?

Do you shave your face with a razor? You know the bible tells you not to. (Lev 19:27)
How about the hairs on the side of your head? You're not supposed to be cutting those either (Lev 19:27
I hope you don't have any tattoos, because that is also forbidden (Lev 19:28)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,852 posts, read 80,314,110 times
Reputation: 39335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leco18 View Post
As a guy now in my college frshman year, I'm going to a school that's in the opposite part of the contry as I'm from. My parents suggested that I try to meet people by doing some volunteer things, especially with some church people. So I have. I grew up on the conservative side, and didn't know any religious people growing up. I always thought that Christian girls were sort of the same. But I notice that most of the girls my age at this church, even when representing their church by volunteering, wear these sexy, revealing type clothes like these black yoga pants with uggs and such. I've tried to just not notice or feed their ego, but dressed in those, I turn and I'm always like O...O...O! And then sometimes they give me this poker face that's unreadable. It's really frustrating! I don't think dressing in those like that is right, for doing church stuff, is it? Christian girls dressing like this? Is that Christian-like? I don't think it is!
I wonder if you are for real or just having fun on the computer? I ask, because I don't know what type of church you attend, but young girls and just that: young girls. They want to dress just like everyone and if that means cloths you think are too sexy, maybe you need to do volunteer work at a convent or something? Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you idea or what is right is a little screwed up..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Downtown Raleigh
1,619 posts, read 2,921,375 times
Reputation: 2041
Definitely not for real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 05:33 PM
 
5,584 posts, read 7,742,001 times
Reputation: 5846
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Well, it depends who wears it. Which now becomes a whole different issue. If a girl has a nice body she should not wear tight clothes to church because she might arouse the boys..
We just can't win.


Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
So boys are not capable of self control? Lol What church does the OP go to?

FYI I don't think yoga pants are real clothes because they are workout gear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top