U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-07-2013, 08:34 PM
 
Location: 60630
11,810 posts, read 17,244,443 times
Reputation: 10955

Advertisements

Apparently boys are not capable of self control. We can't even wear workout pants and ugly ass uggs boots without being looked at as too sexy. WTF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2013, 11:16 PM
 
13,988 posts, read 12,823,228 times
Reputation: 6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, Jesus did.
What, did he return already or was it his personal revelation to you?


Quote:
So since you expect women to dress modestly (no pants or boots!) because the bible tells them to, do you follow every law of the bible as well?
Lol I don't expect women "to dress modestly" - as I've already said you can wear whatever you wish ( I certainly do,) just don't get confused on biblical matters if you claim to be a Christian.
And no, I don't follow "every law of the bible," because I understand where Christianity stands as far as role of woman is concerned and I don't find it particularly acceptable. I might respect certain fundamentals of Christian faith, but I don't live in a fantasy world where you pick and choose the parts of religion that you like, and adjust other parts to your own liking. Hence I don't claim to be a Christian and don't go to church.
When I do go there however ( on rare occasions, if invited,) I dress appropriately, out of respect to someone else's faith.

Quote:
Do you shave your face with a razor? You know the bible tells you not to. (Lev 19:27)
How about the hairs on the side of your head? You're not supposed to be cutting those either (Lev 19:27
I hope you don't have any tattoos, because that is also forbidden (Lev 19:28)
I am not a man and I don't care for tattoos, since I don't find them particularly appealing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 11:29 PM
 
10,536 posts, read 7,666,220 times
Reputation: 18673
Ladies, never dress in a way that will cause others to stumble. Modesty is what the Bible calls for. Specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2013, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,724 posts, read 23,004,797 times
Reputation: 45969
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Ladies, never dress in a way that will cause others to stumble. Modesty is what the Bible calls for. Specifically.
Maybe if some men are so over-rife with hormones that they can't look at a woman in Uggs and yoga pants without "stumbling," they should wear blinders or stay inside where they can't be distracted. It's their problem, not the women's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2013, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 885,904 times
Reputation: 1288
god bless yoga pants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2013, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Midwest
593 posts, read 798,096 times
Reputation: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Please~~ I have a son who now 28 married , he was brought up to control himself! Never blame another for his own downfalls ...No means no, no matter how naked you might both be...Last Society needs stop making women shoulder this burden of males bad behavior or immoral thoughts.... Other-words you need learn to deal and control you! .....
Yes, the OP does have a responsibility for himself, but purity is a two-way street. It is a fact that most men find a woman's body attractive, and revealing clothes often leave nothing to the imagination. If these Christian girls truly cared about their brothers' spiritual well-being, they could be a tremendous help by choosing clothes that are less revealing. In turn, guys shouldn't lead girls on or play with their emotions, as that's often a stumbling block for the girls. Some might say that is telling people what to do, being legalistic, etc., but I disagree. The Bible says not to cause offense to one another, and it's a good practice to not do or say things that could lead another person into sin. A believer desiring to be truly Christlike would always put someone else first, IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2013, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Midwest
593 posts, read 798,096 times
Reputation: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe if some men are so over-rife with hormones that they can't look at a woman in Uggs and yoga pants without "stumbling," they should wear blinders or stay inside where they can't be distracted. It's their problem, not the women's.
Living as a young male in today's society, especially during the summer, is a minefield. I don't think you realize how difficult it is. If a Christian is trying to be a Christ-like example, he/she would certainly put the interests of another fellow believer first. Why even go there if your attire, words, or actions could possibly lead another person into sin? To me, this is much of what our society has become today: too worried about what I want to do, my interests come first, and if you don't like it, that's your problem to deal with. I don't think it's asking too much to cover up a little bit; and conversely, as I said in my other post, guys should not be leading on a girl and play with her emotions, because that's dangerous territory too. Why can't we put someone else first, for a change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2013, 10:52 PM
 
12 posts, read 10,011 times
Reputation: 15
Well time is changes, now 21 century & it move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2013, 12:39 PM
 
8,204 posts, read 10,330,848 times
Reputation: 7513
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
Living as a young male in today's society, especially during the summer, is a minefield. I don't think you realize how difficult it is. If a Christian is trying to be a Christ-like example, he/she would certainly put the interests of another fellow believer first. Why even go there if your attire, words, or actions could possibly lead another person into sin? To me, this is much of what our society has become today: too worried about what I want to do, my interests come first, and if you don't like it, that's your problem to deal with. I don't think it's asking too much to cover up a little bit; and conversely, as I said in my other post, guys should not be leading on a girl and play with her emotions, because that's dangerous territory too. Why can't we put someone else first, for a change?
I don't understand. Men could be tempted if a woman wears a sack.

Why are Christinas blaming the woman if she causes a man to stumble? Because she really didn't cause it.
Why can't he control himself,or don't look?

What if a man dresses sexy,in a wife beater and jeans,with a Kangol hat,and I become aroused?
Is that his fault?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2013, 02:59 PM
 
11,304 posts, read 6,765,006 times
Reputation: 20586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I don't understand. Men could be tempted if a woman wears a sack.
Very true.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013...4191892-15.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top