U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 02:55 PM

11,303 posts, read 6,761,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So it's pretty simple, really; if you like to wear yoga pants ( or spandex clothing, or whatever,) - go for it, wear whatever you are pleased, just don't try to mix Christianity into it. You might fool yourself for a while, but you are definitely not fooling God by all means)))
I really doubt God cares what kind of pants and boots I am wearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 05:44 PM

5,255 posts, read 3,745,661 times
This is IMO why so many organized "church" religions are against my religion (a Christian who doesn't believe everything the old geezers and storytellers wrote in the bible).

A true God IMO doesn't give a whip what a person is wearing if they are good, kind people inside.

After all, we are all born nekkid OH MY!

Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,441,854 times
Didn't Jesus hang out with prostitutes?

If you look at it that way it's positively Christ like to dress like a ho.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM

13,986 posts, read 12,818,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I really doubt God cares what kind of pants and boots I am wearing.
And what exactly makes you think so?
Did god personally tell you "you know, what's written in the bible on this matter applies only to other people, for you however I made a special exception"))))

Old 11-06-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Didn't Jesus hang out with prostitutes?
He probably did - prostitutes are people too you know, but do they come to church claiming to be the "righteous Christian women?"
If they do come to church, I suspect they'd be the ones dressing in the most modest manner, trying to pass for those "real Christian women," while some "good Christian girls" are striving for the opposite effect)))

Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 PM

8,409 posts, read 12,192,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
Hey brother, these girls either are too spiritually immature to know that creates lust in their brothers or they just don't care. If it is the first, hopefully they will grow and learn they don't want to make their brothers sin. If, it is the second , and they just don't care, they are not really living the christian life much anyway. It is a beautiful thing to see a pretty woman with a nice body that dresses modestly and is thoughtful enough of herself that she doesn't dress to draw attention to her.
Yes, Keep the faith bro, you will meet a girl that is modest and loves God, you are only a freshman, so plenty of time to try to keep your mind on studies and not the girls! ha!
Perhaps the OP is too spiritually immature since he is looking at girls in church instead of concentrating on praying.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,441,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
He probably did - prostitutes are people too you know, but do they come to church claiming to be the "righteous Christian women?"
If they do come to church, I suspect they'd be the ones dressing in the most modest manner, trying to pass for those "real Christian women," while some "good Christian girls" are striving for the opposite effect)))
Yes some of them do.

Jesus loved everyone, it's a shame those who stand on the moral high ground in His name don't practise His humility.

Standing in a church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:49 PM

5,584 posts, read 7,742,001 times
I missed that memo when did yoga pants with Uggs become sexy?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I missed that memo when did yoga pants with Uggs become sexy?
And who was supposed to leave you this memo, do you remember by any chance?

Old 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM

4,034 posts, read 3,031,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
I merely brought up some very common misconceptions about the Bible. It does speak about clothing as well.

1 Timothy 2:9 "likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire"
So are you also opposed to women braiding their hair, then? Or wearing pearl earrings or a gold wedding ring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty