Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 08:01 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times

Advertisements

I did accutane as a teenager. Worked great and the acne never came back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 03:21 PM

34 posts, read 32,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softballfan View Post
Well my son is 14 and has finally entered the wonderful world of pimples. I really haven't dealt with acne for 20 years. So my question is: What is the latest, most effective treatment for teenage pimples? Is it still clearasil or Oxy? What works best for you or your teens? Thanks
I read something very interesting here. I may be useful for you. : sarahpatino.blogspot.com

Old 11-22-2013, 10:53 AM

17 posts, read 20,310 times
Something else you can try is a cleanser called Hibi-Cleanse. It was given to me when I got my navel pierced and it started to Keloid. I used this stuff and the Keloid is barely noticeable. I used it on my face and it was like magic. It keeps the inflammation down and cleans all the nasty crap off my face. It's cheap (about 4$ for a bottle that lasts about 4-6 weeks) and super easy to use. It's given better results than anything a Derm has ever given me up to and including Accutane. You can use it all over. It does dry me out some, so I've followed the same directions I followed for my navel; 3 days on, 3 days off. On my off days, I use a "light" cleanser like a Neutrogena bar or a combination of a Clearasil cleanser and I use one of those face wipes that can remove waterproof makeup. (I use the store brand...5$ for 120 wipes). I have severe acne, so nothing will ever completely cure it, but the process has controlled it to the point where I can go almost two weeks without a major eruption.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
I haven't been through the whole thread but has aloe propalis been mentioned?

Aloe vera is a well know treatment for skin conditions and propalis is the antibiotic produced by bees.

The two are available as a combination.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:12 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Acc untane does work but beware of the side effects. My cousin had severe acne and it rid it for good. But I tried, and it was so much red tape of preparation (pregnancy test, vowing to not get pregnant because of birth defects, and walmart/walgreens refusing to fill it with out like some sort of intervention i just gave up)

however I do have this medicine that does work its called Ziana.. I do a cleanser by CeraVe , then exfoliate with kojic acid soap (papaya plant) from the Philippines and then the Ziana (this is the most important part) at night.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM

48 posts, read 78,170 times
I was told years ago to use a weekly mask of organic/non processed honey. I buy it from a local farm & it does a great job of smoothing out and clearing skin.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:52 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Honey, coconut oil and other natural products are naturally anti bacterial, but you cannot expect really serious acne to be cured by these. Antibiotics or Accutane work from the inside out and it is really important to get on top of it before it scars a kid for life. Don't take a chance.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:28 AM

389 posts, read 692,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
The oral antibiotic might be Minocycline.

Accutane is off the market but generic versions are still available . Most Dermatologists use it for patients with cystic ( the scar causing) acne.
I was put on Minocycline several years ago for my cystic acne. It cleared my skin almost immediately, but I had to go off of it a few months later when I developed a red, itchy rash all over my back from it

Eating a clean diet, avoiding greasy foods and dairy, getting enough sleep and exercise, limiting stress, as well as using Cetaphil, which is pH-balanced for the skin and inexpensive, helps a lot!

Old 12-18-2013, 05:58 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I took tetracycline for a few years and the results were good with no side effects. I was offered some of the other options like Acutane but felt the possible side effects were not the worth the risk. Limiting sugar will help some in my experience especially sodas and chocolate. A healthy diet and exercise help with any issue with the body.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:08 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
After trying all the OTC things for my teeenage daughter, I took her to the dermatologist. She has finally cleared up with a regimen of Benzefoam, Ziana which are topical and Doryx, an oral antibiotic. I hate the fact that she's on long-term antibiotics, but it's the only thing that has worked on the cystic acne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty