U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2013, 02:22 PM
 
537 posts, read 601,832 times
Reputation: 891

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
He should produce yoga pants for all sizes If there is enough big sizes available there is no need for trying to fit too small pants.

And as a person he is mean

no need to bully bigger people.

And actually fatter people are need of sporting clothes because people cannot sport without clothes. Staying home just make people fatter and sad.

Shame on you knife.
No need to shame a dude for spotting the obvious. It's gross. That's what moo-moos are for. And don't even get me started on fatties spilling their butts out of their pants with a lovely dental floss thong for all the world to see. It's almost as bad as obese dudes wearing thong bathing suits. My eyes!! My eyes!!!

That's the primary reason why I refuse to shop in any Walmart anywhere. {gagging}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,352,403 times
Reputation: 18594
Yoga certainly isn't helping the attitudes of some people....Namaste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 03:45 PM
 
837 posts, read 2,506,605 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Yoga certainly isn't helping the attitudes of some people....Namaste
90% of people who wear yoga pants, not practice yoga
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 03:52 PM
 
7,282 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Reputation: 11407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
So how are you gonna defend your argument with people like me who don't complain about smokers unless I get affected by second hand smoke? Everybody deserves compassion

Even people like you Mack Knife deserve compassion. You have some unresolved anger that you are projecting on these overweight people that wear yoga pants. There are a lot things in the universe that many of us consider unnatractive but we don't rant about it. Do you tell an ugly bug you see on the street that you think she is unnatractive and that she needs to get out of your sight? No, you ignore it and keep on going, that is not "having the guts to tell it as it is". That is simply stupid unproductive behavior.

You feel as if these people wronged you for not following what you consider the rules of fashion. You speak as if you were a victim of their actions. You sound angry, emotional, defensive and self-righteous when you speak about this subject.

Why instead of feeling compassion for people that are struggling with weight you want to be so harsh and tell them things that are gonna sadden them. Because you are angry at what you consider "lack of fairness". Everybody should wear the clothes you think are appropiate. If you think you are helping you are not. No one listens to those who offend them and show little empathy for them. Being judgmental and having a higher than thou attitude is not an effective way to connect to an audience.
Well, since you want to make it personal (look who has the problem) I think you need a few more sessions with Dr. Phil.

I could care less about the specific topic of weight. I do care that someone had the guts to say what was on their mind instead of hiding behind feel-good comments.

As for smokers, do continue. Smoking is bad for you, being fat is bad for you. Being fat and a smoker is even worse. Now what? Empathy?

What person doesn't know smoking is bad for you? What person doesn't know being fat is bad for you? They are choices. Too bad.

The world is full of cemeteries where people are buried because they made bad choices and those around them never said a word except to tell them they weren't fat (or obese if your that PC) or that they would die from smoking. You see all the compassion at the funerals.

You just can't stand what the guy from Luluemon said. Tough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,107,378 times
Reputation: 5654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I do care that someone had the guts to say what was on their mind instead of hiding behind feel-good comments.

As for smokers, do continue. Smoking is bad for you, being fat is bad for you. Being fat and a smoker is even worse. Now what? Empathy?

What person doesn't know smoking is bad for you? What person doesn't know being fat is bad for you? They are choices. Too bad.

The world is full of cemeteries where people are buried because they made bad choices and those around them never said a word except to tell them they weren't fat (or obese if your that PC) or that they would die from smoking. You see all the compassion at the funerals.

You just can't stand what the guy from Luluemon said. Tough.
Just because you don't say some judgmental comments, it doesn't mean you have to say something nice. You can just STHU

Why do you care so much for people who can't speak their mind about others? Are they gonna explode if they don't share their opinion? Are they gonna lose a leg? Or are their comments so revolutionary that they will impact humanity for the rest of our days?

Mack Knife your judgmental opinions about others are not only insignificant (meaning nobody cares) but they are also useless. They do nothing to improve whatever it is that you want others to fix.

If you don't like what others are doing and it doesn't affect you directly, save the saliva for someone who cares and someone who will actually listen to you. With a higher than though attitude all you are doing is creating problems for yourself.

I don't care what the Lululemon guy said, I'm not a stock owner and I don't buy his clothes either. I think it was a dumb marketing move, nobody needs negative publicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 04:11 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,352,403 times
Reputation: 18594
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
90% of people who wear yoga pants, not practice yoga
And this concerns you because....

a) you personally care so deeply for the physical well being of these individuals
b) you are the yogi at the local studio so you know for a fact that they have not been attending classes and it is distressing to you
c) you are only thinking about their spiritual well being and hope that they enroll in yoga classes soon
d) all of the above
e) none of the above...but you thought that the random statistic that you pulled out of thin air just made you sound really cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 04:23 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,426 posts, read 35,906,757 times
Reputation: 38840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I think it was a dumb marketing move, nobody needs negative publicity.
Maybe so... but negative publicity is better than no publicity at all!

Look how everyone is talking about lululemon today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 04:34 PM
 
6,406 posts, read 6,530,804 times
Reputation: 9812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Maybe so... but negative publicity is better than no publicity at all!

Look how everyone is talking about lululemon today!
That all depends on what people do with it.

As I recall, this has come up before with Lululemon's chief arsehat. Apparently, anyone over a size 12 shouldn't be permitted to buy overpriced low quality (formerly high quality) exercise clothing. Okay by me.

Oh, and I also recall that the company is named "Lululemon" because he wanted something difficult to pronounce. What a prince.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,352,403 times
Reputation: 18594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Maybe so... but negative publicity is better than no publicity at all!

Look how everyone is talking about lululemon today!
Trust me, they really are not helping their brand amongst anything beyond the target market of pretentious well-heeled trophy wives.


Boycott Lululemon – A Call to Yogis by Maya Devi Georg | Holly Troy ~ Sacred Folly

The Lululemon empire is also known for promoting the work of Ayn Rand – an author that created an ethical philosophy known as ‘rational egoism’ or ‘rational selfishness’. This philosophy puts self-interest above morality, ethics, and altruism. It is also an ideology espoused by fascists and the far-right wing. This philosophy has also been adopted by the tea-party. Phrases taken from this literature are found on Lululemon shopping bags, and employees are encouraged to read these books. The Lululemon vision is “to elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness.” The underlying message is that you are mediocre.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Oh, and I also recall that the company is named "Lululemon" because he wanted something difficult to pronounce. What a prince.
Stewart J. Lawrence: Murder At Lululemon: Yoga's "Heart Of Darkness"?

The seeds of the company's problems were planted early, with its initial founding in Vancouver in 1998. Former CEO Chip Wilson, an avid snowboarder, said he came up with "Lululemon" because he delighted in the idea that trying to pronounce the name -- with its three syllables beginning with "L'" -- would pose a special challenge for the Japanese, whom he enjoyed making fun of. From that less-than-enlightened starting point Wilson went on to create a huge controversy in 2005 when he announced that the firm would rely on child labor and "sweat shops" in China, after three competitors in his native Vancouver went belly up due to rising labor costs.

It took only a year for Lululemon to step into an even larger controversy. In 2006, the firm rolled out a line of "Vita-Sea" apparel bags that it claimed were made with seaweed fiber, and had health and medicinal effects for consumers, including stress reduction, through the release of amino acids and vitamins into the skin's natural moisture. But skeptics, including the New York Times, decided to sponsor lab tests, which revealed that Lululemon wasn't just misleading consumers: it was lying. There was no seaweed of any kind in the bags the newspaper tested. There was no difference, in fact, between the Lululemon bags and other bags made of cotton - except that Lululemon's, of course, were a lot more expensive.

And then there's Lululemon and sex. Sex-based advertising has become increasingly popular in the yoga world, even appearing in the pages of the industry trade magazine Yoga Journal. But Lululemon, as always, has been a trend setter. It's creepiest manifestation, perhaps, was revealed in early 2008 when a mother and her daughter unwittingly discovered secret messages woven into the fabric of Lululemon products that appeared to extol the virtues of getting high and having multiple orgasms. Lululemon had also included more traditional inspirational messages but the more risque adages had been placed underneath those, apparently to be digested subliminally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, Calif.
2,435 posts, read 2,732,827 times
Reputation: 2580
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post
...maybe some people just don't care how they look! ...If you don't like it, don't look! ...I'm sometimes baffled by people who stop me to tell me how my jeans are too tight. "...I'm sorry that my tight jeans bother you. I'd give you a Valium to cope, but dispensing of anxiety medication without an RX is illegal, sorry..." To each their own. Thanks for reading,
bolillo
I agree with this. But not with the women who wear tight or revealing clothes on public boulevards and then 'pretend' to be annoyed when human men stare. Well, you're showing what turns men on biologically, and can only credit yourself for what you actually chose to wear out of your house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top