U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:08 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,448,550 times

Advertisements

I know this might sound harsh, but some women simply don't look good wearing those tight fitting yoga pants. Big news item today about some comment made by the co-founder of the company Luluemon made saying some women's body shapes are a good fit.

Sorry, he is absolutely right. If you look like 5 pounds of meat shoved into a 1 pound capacity ziplock bag, it just doesn't look right. Yeah, you can always stuff more of something into a bag that stretches but there is a point when it just bulges out in, well, bulges. It doesn't look good. I know, who is to say but those looking are to say.

That doesn't mean burlap sack are the order of the day but there are alternatives to looking like an overstuffed sausage casing.

We've become so sensitive about reality that even mentioning that someone might not fit well into some clothes reaps the wrath. When it doesn't go on easy, it probably wasn't meant to go on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 08:18 PM

42,589 posts, read 42,647,655 times
I wear yoga pants either to bed, around the house, when I did work out.Mind you I bought a size bigger cause I am bigger. The woman that wore them were average weight, the designer made them cheap. Mine are a lower end department stores and not see through or holey.
It's ok he lost the fatties. Less money to him.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:24 PM

645 posts, read 1,072,879 times
I don't know Mack Knife, maybe some people just don't care how they look! When I stop cycling and plump up to 250, I still go shirtless when it's hot and I'm getting back into shape, and I could careless. If you don't like it, don't look! If you do like it, keep silent! But if you've got to voice an opinion, I'll probably not care. I honestly believe that not everybody cares about fashion or how they look. I'm sometimes baffled by people who stop me to tell me how my jeans are too tight. "Yea well honey, I quit riding 3 months ago, so I went from 34 - 36 and now my 38s are tight, but I'm not buying 40s! I'll just lose weight again, but I'm sorry that my tight jeans bother you. I'd give you a Valium to cope, but dispensing of anxiety medication without an RX is illegal, sorry..."

To each their own. Thanks for reading,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 11-07-2013 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here

Old 11-07-2013, 08:38 PM

20,423 posts, read 35,973,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
If you look like 5 pounds of meat shoved into a 1 pound capacity ziplock bag, it just doesn't look right. Yeah, you can always stuff more of something into a bag that stretches but there is a point when it just bulges out in, well, bulges. It doesn't look good. I know, who is to say but those looking are to say.
Yep!

Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 PM

6,191 posts, read 14,804,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post
I don't know Mack Knife, maybe some people just don't care how they look! When I stop cycling and plump up to 250, I still go shirtless when it's hot and I'm getting back into shape, and I could careless. If you don't like it, don't look! If you do like it, keep silent! But if you've got to voice an opinion, I'll probably not care. I honestly believe that not everybody cares about fashion or how they look. I'm sometimes baffled by people who stop me to tell me how my jeans are too tight. "Yea well honey, I quit riding 3 months ago, so I went from 34 - 36 and now my 38s are tight, but I'm not buying 40s! I'll just lose weight again, but I'm sorry that my tight jeans bother you. I'd give you a Valium to cope, but dispensing of anxiety medication without an RX is illegal, sorry..."

To each their own. Thanks for reading,
bolillo
Yep!

Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 PM

19,668 posts, read 53,794,714 times
Muffin tops are gross! Don't young women look in the mirror?

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 PM

324 posts, read 495,731 times
I am just tired of seeing a sea of middle aged women running around in black yoga pants. Fat, thin whatever. Enough already!

Old 11-07-2013, 08:59 PM

42,589 posts, read 42,647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
I am just tired of seeing a sea of middle aged women running around in black yoga pants. Fat, thin whatever. Enough already!
Lol...I wear jeans out.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:17 AM

2,818 posts, read 2,543,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I know this might sound harsh, but some women simply don't look good wearing those tight fitting yoga pants. Big news item today about some comment made by the co-founder of the company Luluemon made saying some women's body shapes are a good fit.

Sorry, he is absolutely right. If you look like 5 pounds of meat shoved into a 1 pound capacity ziplock bag, it just doesn't look right. Yeah, you can always stuff more of something into a bag that stretches but there is a point when it just bulges out in, well, bulges. It doesn't look good. I know, who is to say but those looking are to say.

That doesn't mean burlap sack are the order of the day but there are alternatives to looking like an overstuffed sausage casing.

We've become so sensitive about reality that even mentioning that someone might not fit well into some clothes reaps the wrath. When it doesn't go on easy, it probably wasn't meant to go on.

ROFL. I wish MadTV was still around to do the following parody.

Future society of fashion police... voice over from Law and Order series, "In the war on crime, the worst detectives are assigned to the fashion police" starting this fall....

"Criminal Behinds" (Criminal Minds)

You're going about your daily errands and shopping at the grocery store, when as you turn, having just selected your meat at the butcher counter, your vision is temporarily impaired as you look up and see
marbled human cellulite squished into a spandex package.... aoh ohhhhh ohh nooooo (in my best Sam Kinison scream)!

9-1-1 call is placed and responders are effeminate policemen dressed all dapper hauling the large back sided person away.

This topic reminds me of a few years back at the amusement park during summer and a woman, who I noticed while in the queue snaking back and forth, was wearing a novelty T-shirt saying "Crack Kills" on the front with the image of: a large ass*ed woman and squished people unaware on her butt.

Personally, I don't care as long as they are not slowing me down and making me look at their 'largess' in an inappropriate environmental context.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:59 AM

2,730 posts, read 1,974,362 times
He should produce yoga pants for all sizes If there is enough big sizes available there is no need for trying to fit too small pants.

And as a person he is mean

no need to bully bigger people.

And actually fatter people are need of sporting clothes because people cannot sport without clothes. Staying home just make people fatter and sad.

Shame on you knife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty