U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:55 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,653,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggler View Post
A clean, well-dressed, well-educated, confident man can go a long way - even without a strong jaw line or perfect nose.
As far as plastic surgery, I have to say that it can be as much of a liability as a bonus. Don't forget that if you plan to marry and have kids that you will be passing on the same poor jawline, large nose, and physical insecurities that you were born with, and that is probably something that women would want to know pretty early on in the relationship.
Wow! Great point! Maybe that explains why so many of these gorgeous peoplle we see on television have kids who are not so attratcive? I mean, I've seen a few super cute ones, but most aren't going to win any beauty pageants....well, till their parents pay for a new nose.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 AM

3,427 posts, read 3,243,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggler View Post
A clean, well-dressed, well-educated, confident man can go a long way - even without a strong jaw line or perfect nose.
As far as plastic surgery, I have to say that it can be as much of a liability as a bonus. Don't forget that if you plan to marry and have kids that you will be passing on the same poor jawline, large nose, and physical insecurities that you were born with, and that is probably something that women would want to know pretty early on in the relationship.
This could become a common clause in prenuptial contracts:

17a) Future spouse must provide authentic, unretouched photograph of themself certified by a physician as being their original genetically accurate appearance, prior to any cosmetic surgical procedures which may have altered their appearance.

17a.1) Should offspring prove to be uglier than the spouse, this contract's separation clause will come into effect and with punitive damages imposed, the amount to be correlated to the degree of ugliness as determined by a jury of fashion model judges or other suitable experts.

High risks would be: movie actors, models, newscasters, and others whose business it is to "look beautiful" in front of a camera.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:22 AM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
This thread has run its course and is getting silly.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or