U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:20 AM

54 posts, read 61,165 times

Advertisements

Thanks, someone gets it.

My personal experience has proven that most people, especially the younger generation, do not care what you have to say if you don't meet a beauty standard. I used to work with a guy who was tall and not that bright but many girls were crazy for him due to looks alone. My problem is that I get called "average looking" or "average" a lot. I have had some degree of success with girls due to my confidence in talking to them but I have had to work significantly harder.

What I find is that good looking men are treated much much much better by society and authority figures while average men are ignored, ugly men are either made fun of or treated poorly.

So people spouting this nonsense about improving one's mind have not been outside of their rooms and into the real world before. I used to believe the same nonsense that personality, confidence, and people skills will matter and in past generations they might have but the current generation only cares about status and looks.

And no, I am not going to wait to get old and serve as the provider to a woman who spent her 20s sleeping with the best looking guy and uses me as a fallback.

I have a 3.9 GPA in college right now and I scored a 2240 on the SAT. I have won awards in many of the science fields but that earns me no respect. After years of having to endure through the pain of being average joe, I feel like now is a time for change.

My biggest problem is that I have a huge nose that I think messes up my entire face so just making that smaller should get me up a few points.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Yes. I would focus on the things I could change. Proper nutrition and diet can make a big difference in ones physical appearance. Next, I would work on improving my image with my attire and how I carry myself. Try not to forget what other skills you have. Women like intelligence and good old fashion manners.
Women as in older more educated women who have life experiences, girls my age could care less about any of that nonsense. I am deadset on doing anything possible to improve my appearance.

I am 6"2, 17% bodyfat (which I plan on lowering), and due to poor vision I have to wear glasses. I do agree with you on fixing what one can but genetics are unfair and they do give some people all the nice genes while others are stuck with nothing.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I don't want young women to dictate how I should look "sexy". As long as I am clean and hygienic, looks are my preference. I came here from India to strive for success in Aeronautical engineering and find better job opportunities which involve designing modern flight control systems, not for taking beauty advice from random chic's.
Well man you are Indian so that pretty much kills your chances with most American women right there. Hardly known any women that find Indian or Indian looking men attractive and I have a lot of Indian friends too.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM

6,719 posts, read 11,734,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
what if the man wants to be good looking for the sake of being good looking, to be considered attractive and handsome by society, because he wants to make good looks one of the things strangers describe him by

that is what the focus of this is
You really care that much what STRANGERS think about what you look like?

Quote:
Well man you are Indian so that pretty much kills your chances with most American women right there. Hardly known any women that find Indian or Indian looking men attractive and I have a lot of Indian friends too.
Wow. You must have incredibly superficial friends/acquaintances, or you are 14 years old.

OP, I am really trying to understand, but I can't figure out why you would want to date/get to know/be friends with people who only care about looks. Very very very sad.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:09 PM

^ bad post from you

society values looks a lot

Old 11-08-2013, 03:08 PM

6,719 posts, read 11,734,498 times
OP, you're not friends with or dating "society" (as if all people in "society" are as superficial as you think they are).

I'll ask you again: why would you want to associate with people who only care about looks? Things like intelligence and kindness and curiosity about the world are SO much more important (and they LAST, unlike "looks" which fade away).

I guess this is a "bad" post too.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:49 PM

18,847 posts, read 12,465,112 times
Quote:
what if the man wants to be good looking for the sake of being good looking, to be considered attractive and handsome by society, because he wants to make good looks one of the things strangers describe him by

that is what the focus of this is
OK. If I wanted to be beautiful, I couldn't do it. Even if I worked from the age of 16 till now. The vast majority of us are simply ordinary. But you can work on the inside.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:10 PM

2,967 posts, read 3,953,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Yeah at body building forums they believe if they have big muscle they are good build. They really believe it. There is tons of comments in stile: “I was ugly. But I have big muscle now and I’m red hot. I do not know why women do not notice it.”.
Most women do not find it attractive when a man spends more time looking at himself in the mirror, than he does looking at her.

You could not pay me to date a body builder. There is some weird, grossly over exaggerated masculinity combined at the same time with a metrosexual vibe. Yuck.

Quote:
I disagree. I find Indian men, and Middle Eastern men in general, to be very masculine and attractive.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:10 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,415,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
It doesn't matter to most women if a man is handsome. What matters is his projection of gentle masculinity. .
Nope, what matters is his wallet! Ive seen some really fat MOFO's and old looking guys with hot wives/ girlfriends.

Now.....with that said. Nothing wrong with the OP wanting to be considered goodlooking. We can act like we don't care what society thinks, but that's just a defense that people put up when they realize that most people don't consider them attractive.

If the OP's nose is really that big, I would consider a nose job. Also, weight training and proper diet, but after a stretch of training, if u don't get the full desired results, don't rule out lipo. Its only about 1500 bucks most places.

People on a moral high horse kill me as if its a crime to want to use surgery to improve body image. What the hell do u think plastic surgeons exist for

Ive noticed, society tends to treat above average looking people better. Especially if you're a woman

Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,975,879 times
If you can afford plastic surgery, go for it. Go to Korea or Thailand if necessary. Some good clinics there.

I think for males, height is the big starting place for appearance. Most women do not want to date or marry short males. Nothing can be done on that one.

Some time back, a poll of a group of men indicated that bald men would rather be impotent than bald.

Surveys have shown that attractive people earn more and those seeking jobs get more interviews.

Most anyone can lose weight, exercise and practice good grooming to include finding a hair style that suits you. But you can only do so much and to correct genetics, it might well take a surgeon. Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or