U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 03:31 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,406,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
In all fairness, just how good looking are you? Catherine Zeta-Jones category? And also, a fair question, what kind of a living does your husband make?

If he's as bad as u make him out to be, I doubt you looked at him and said "ummm, I want HIM!"
Actually, I did. We met when I was 18 and quite the looker -- youth is attractive on its own but I had the long hair, good figure, pretty face, etc.

But it isn't the sum of the parts that's important in my husband...it's what he is inside that matters. Is he the next Chris Evans...or even Alec Baldwin? No. But he's the best man in the world, for me.

And I don't know why 'it's a fair question' how much money he made. I had no way of knowing that when we first met. He was dressed normal for a guy in jeans and a polo shirt and we didn't meet in 1st class hotel or at the Ferrari dealership...but it was indeed love at first sight. He lived in a studio apartment and drove an old car. He was going to school on a scholarship.

Sorry if I'm busting up your stereotypes about women, guys. But really, we don't believe the romance novels and you shouldn't either. All those things -- money, looks, job -- they're great if you've got them. But every woman knows a guy (or many guys) who have all those things and the personality of a wart-hog. That's not going to get you a quality woman. Sure, some girls are superficial...so are many men.

Ask yourself...are you only interested in a 'hottie' or a '10'? But you're getting mad because *girls* are superficial?

There's a probably a lovely, interesting, delightful 7 or 8, or 3 or 4, in your life...and you can't see her.

Dustin Hoffman Breaks Down Over Tootsie Role in Viral Video - Us Weekly

Old 11-09-2013, 04:03 PM

18,852 posts, read 12,481,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Yeah at body building forums they believe if they have big muscle they are good build. They really believe it. There is tons of comments in stile: I was ugly. But I have big muscle now and Im red hot. I do not know why women do not notice it..
I've seen really muscled guys who scared me. So, I understand that the really well muscled guy is not necessarily attractive. But the guy who is athletic enough to walk proud, can run if he has to, can do some physical thing well, will be attractive to most women. Men who are slouchy, poorly muscled, overly soft do not generally attract a lot of women.

To be clear, I feel that women should also develop their bodies. I am ashamed to say that this has been a very late discovery for me. I wish devoutly that I had been more interested in fitness 30 years ago. I think developing body strength and stamina is a very good thing for us all.

But along with the body, the personality and empathetic side should be developed too. In fact, those things probably trump the other. But the OP asked how to improve himself so he could attract women. He is fixated on unfixables, I think. But these things are doable by everyone.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:07 PM

18,852 posts, read 12,481,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
everyone here is so unaware of what goes on in real life

looks dominate all, a reality that all of you should accept
No, one's looks don't dominate all, although I agree that better looking people do seem to get more breaks. But your attitude is frankly a turn off. I'm sorry for your situation.

If you are set on plastic surgery, then your initial question should best be posed to a plastic surgeon.

Good luck to you.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:03 PM

12,654 posts, read 12,078,941 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself, for the most part I could care less about a womans' income, but I definitely have to be attracted to her. The good looking receptionist make 20k or the average/below average Attorney making 80k, Im probably going with the receptionist. I make my own money, and if Im not sexually stimulated by u, that's a problem. I don't care if shes got 50 mil in the bank
I stated "society", not "individual".

On an individual level, men generally hold looks to an elevated level. This diminishes as a person gets older.

On a society level, looks is not as elevated as money and status. An ugly person with a high status (like royalty, wife of president, millionaire, etc) will be considered at a much more elevated level than some hot looking woman working retail.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:41 PM

629 posts, read 598,271 times
I just want to come into this thread to say that it is DEFINITELY important to women that a man is handsome.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:48 PM

42,210 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
If by White you mean White European like French or Italian then ya, those women will date an Asian or Indian no problem. If by White you mean American then I have not known many who were open to going interracial and if it was then the guy was Black or Latino, not Asian or Indian. I have talked to a lot of White girls who are just disgusted by Asians and Indians.

As for jocks and frat boys, those guys will ALWAYS have more than enough women in their lives. Usually attractive too.
You are misunderstanding me on purpose.

You feel inferior to a bunch of dime-a-dozen guys cuz you cannot drink at the same watering hole.

With this mentality, it is no wonder you cannot "bag" the chicks you want.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 PM

377 posts, read 486,734 times
Plastic surgery is pointless if you don't already have good bone structure i.e high cheekbones, average mid-face, the "right" eye shape and depth into the skull, and a narrow face in general where the features are the "perfect" distance with respect to one another. If you have all of that, plastic surgery can do wonders for you.

Personally, coming from a good looking family, I have some pretty solid bone structure. Despite that, two prominently repulsive features (that can be corrected through cosmetic procedures) throw off my entire face and are the source of why people call me unattractive. I've had people tell me if I got cosmetic surgery to fix X and Y that I'd look like a given handsome actor. Of course, I would have killed to get it done back when I was younger but now that I can afford it, I just don't care too much for it.

Looks do matter, a whole more lot than anything else, especially much more than trivial nonsense such as "confidence" and "personality", which are completely subjective in the first place. Sad, but true.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:28 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself, for the most part I could care less about a womans' income, but I definitely have to be attracted to her. The good looking receptionist make 20k or the average/below average Attorney making 80k, Im probably going with the receptionist. I make my own money, and if Im not sexually stimulated by u, that's a problem. I don't care if shes got 50 mil in the bank
That statement does not pertain to women. Women are judge primarily on looks. Men are valued for accomplishments.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:28 PM

584 posts, read 630,696 times
It is very possible for a man to overcome genetics and become attractive to women. Mick Jagger is a perfect example.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:58 PM

4,579 posts, read 6,143,617 times
Here it is. As a man you have to project a f the world attitude. Women are attracted to money and power. What you have e to understand about women or anyone for that matter is looks are temporary. That beauty today can be the hag of tomorrow so don't be intimidated by anyone. Just go on with your life a design it where most women would be at an advantage to get with you. People can go to as many doctors as they like but they will still be the same person. Women like money and security. You don't have to make megga bucks just be able to provide for her and the children if you have any and go from there. I remember back in my power drinking days some women got better looking by the drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or