Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 08:07 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Speak for yourself, for the most part I could care less about a womans' income, but I definitely have to be attracted to her. The good looking receptionist make 20k or the average/below average Attorney making 80k, Im probably going with the receptionist. I make my own money, and if Im not sexually stimulated by u, that's a problem. I don't care if shes got 50 mil in the bank
Yup. And dictated by very anatomy of ours boys. They need jump so we can not fake. Billions can not make boys to jump.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:20 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Yup. And dictated by very anatomy of ours boys. They need jump so we can not fake. Billions can not make boys to jump.
The topic was about men, not women; billions can make a woman be with a man, numerous examples of this.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:24 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The topic was about men, not women; billions can make a woman be with a man, numerous examples of this.
This is decent forum. You misunderstand "boys". Hint Seinfeld mixing clothes with Cramer.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:18 PM

54 posts, read 86,590 times
And again people misunderstood the entire post of mines. I am not trying to get good looks for women, I already attract women but I am doing them for a bigger picture. Modeling contracts and being known as the good looking guy by society. So please read before you guys spout more nonsense.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 PM

138 posts, read 168,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
And again people misunderstood the entire post of mines. I am not trying to get good looks for women, I already attract women but I am doing them for a bigger picture. Modeling contracts and being known as the good looking guy by society. So please read before you guys spout more nonsense.
You're really not taking other peoples good, very true advice. If you woke up tomorrow as the best looking guy on earth (which obviously won't happen) you wouldn't feel anymore content. By wanting to be considered better looking by society youre saying you care what society thinks about you. Being better looking is not going to solve those confidence and self esteem issues. Depression, suicide, loneliness, low self esteem and confidence don't discriminate based on looks. It's all about what you think of you that draws people in. Good looking people are a dime a dozen. Truly confident and happy people are not. All you're doing with these threads is broadcasting your issues to the world. Work on YOU not how you look. Please. You will be so much happier in the long run. But like anything else you have to do the work

Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
You think modeling is all about looks? Even the super models?

That industry is like the art industry (and to a certain extent, the acting and music industries); need a few select tokens to keep the pomp up.

This is opposite of sports where no matter how much pomp is put out (like Tebow or Lolo Jones for example), at the end of the day, it is a quantitative measurement.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:12 AM

54 posts, read 86,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You think modeling is all about looks? Even the super models?

That industry is like the art industry (and to a certain extent, the acting and music industries); need a few select tokens to keep the pomp up.

This is opposite of sports where no matter how much pomp is put out (like Tebow or Lolo Jones for example), at the end of the day, it is a quantitative measurement.
explain more

we are talking male models

Old 11-10-2013, 06:10 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
say he doesn't have the strong jawline, his nose is big, and his face is round

can this man overcome genetics and become top tier in the looks department?
It's a crapshoot. All you have to do is spend a little time, researching the possible side effects of those surgical procedures. Yes, there are many satisfied customers, but let's face it, it's not 100% safe.

It's awful, that we live in a society which judges people's looks. When I read posts like this, it hurts my heart to think that society has hurt someone so deeply, that they feel the need to pay someone to change their face/body, in order to feel like they look "good enough".

Old 11-10-2013, 06:24 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
It's a crapshoot. All you have to do is spend a little time, researching the possible side effects of those surgical procedures. Yes, there are many satisfied customers, but let's face it, it's not 100% safe.

It's awful, that we live in a society which judges people's looks. When I read posts like this, it hurts my heart to think that society has hurt someone so deeply, that they feel the need to pay someone to change their face/body, in order to feel like they look "good enough".
I know what you mean. In my father's day, people seemed to be more accepting of how you looked,how you talked, etc. The movie/TV era did a number on our psychology and now we have this very narrow definition of what's acceptably attractive--ultra thin, tall, etc. which ignores the fact that people come in all shapes and sizes and it's what's inside that counts, not some superficial features that disappear with age.

I think it's ironic that the 1960s was supposed to be all about liberation, doing your own thing, equality for all, and so forth, yet since that time society has only become more shallow and superficial than it already was, and it was definitely shallow before the 60s. I'm going back to the Middle Ages.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:56 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,291,277 times
I have not read the entire thread so I may be repeating what others have said.
Yes, society values appearance - there is no doubt about this. But many individual women value a man's personality much more. I have fallen in love with a number of men who are not attractive at all - because they are kind, confident, funny and pay attention to me. It's not love at first sight - it often evolves from friendships after you get to know them. So I recommend focusing your life on making friends. Focus on others rather than yourself. Find people with common interests. Appreciate others and the rewards will come your way.
Also I bet you are better looking than you say you are. Keeping your weight in bounds is probably the one positive thing you can do - not just for appearance but it shows you are taking care of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty