Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

A man's look does not weigh that much. Almost all men can be qualified as "average." If you don't have a third eye or growing a horn, you are just ... "average."

So there's no point to be obsessed with your look if you are a man.

If you talk about physical attribute, one thing that does add to the attractiveness is height. A tall man will be considered attractive by most women - so short men are at a distinct disadvantage. The rest aren't important.

Now a man's manner, how he dresses and handles himself truly define how attractive he is, not his looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 AM

626 posts, read 1,348,387 times
Completely a beauty is in the eye of the beholder question =) My attraction goes much deeper than physical, because one second can change their appearance forever.
I do find guys that are taller (over 5'10) and with facial hair more attractive though. Ive never been attracted to blonde guys or metrosexual pretty boys...and tattoos and a "bad boy" appearance definitely have me looking.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Default What physical attributes make a man attractive?

It is a misnomer to think attraction is binary. Someone can have all of the so-called attractive traits and not be attractive. While someone else can have all of then and the sum of the parts lead to more perceived attractiveness.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,517 times
I have a muffin and Duchamp Girl still loves her stag.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:07 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
Looks alone meaning physical attributes.

So far I know its

Tall (5"10 and over)
High Muscle
Low Bodyfat
Chiseled Jaw
High Cheekbones

anyone mind adding to this?
Bedroom eyes / deep voice / Lean muscles / Long legs / Six pack / Perfect V shape swimmer's body

For a girl like me (5'7") tall means 6 feet and above.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:31 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,442,467 times
Intelligent eyes and a "protector/can-do/alpha" aura.
I don't care what other physical attributes a man has.
Show me a man who has these and I'll show you lots of women going crazy over him. It's evolutionary.

Unfortunately, it's also not something a man can "work on". You are born with it or you aren't. Very inconvenient.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:32 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
A gorgeous, genuine smile.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:39 AM

544 posts, read 610,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
Intelligent eyes and a "protector/can-do/alpha" aura.
I don't care what other physical attributes a man has.
Show me a man who has these and I'll show you lots of women going crazy over him. It's evolutionary.

Unfortunately, it's also not something a man can "work on". You are born with it or you aren't. Very inconvenient.

So should men that weren't lucky enough to be born with it, just jump off a bridge?

I think I was born with it, but my parents and dad who didn't have it, and the schools system, pushed me down, always trying to control me, and telling me what to do.

So pretty much I lost it, and don't think there's any way to get it back now.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,442,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
So should men that weren't lucky enough to be born with it, just jump off a bridge?

I think I was born with it, but my parents and dad who didn't have it, and the schools system, pushed me down, always trying to control me, and telling me what to do.

So pretty much I lost it, and don't think there's any way to get it back now.
Who said men who "don't have it" should "jump off a bridge"?
My God, people read whatever they want into text - minus the actual content.

I am afraid your personal story has nothing to do with the qualities I mentioned and which most women, if not all, find very attractive. Few alpha males will complain that they didn't end up in "alpha" situation because schools kept them down or parents "stifled" them.
Alpha males use schools (or whatever comes their way!) to get ahead and make the system work in their favor. :-))

Intelligence, confidence, that "winner/can do" aura - this is what women go insane for especially since it's becoming increasingly rare among men. Not square jaw, not blue eyes, not muscle, not "gentleness", "sweetness" or "willingness to feed the baby with the bottle".
Note that I didn't say this type of men is necessarily a "wonderful man, full of virtue or with a flawless character".
Some of them can be major jerks. Others are just "very capable" but still decent human beings.

I am just saying those "alpha" qualities are what women naturally gravitate towards.

Despite intensive efforts of the feminist movement to change reality, women are evolutionary wired to go ga-ga over the "protector/provider" type. I am not advocating this is how it SHOULD be and I am completely empathizing with those less fortunate men who were simply not born with such natural advantages.

All I am saying is most women WILL be attracted to THAT - whether we morally approve of it or not. Just as much as most men continue to be attracted to "sheer beauty" in women - whether society approves of this tendency or not.

Now, just because MOST women are attracted to X and MOST men are attracted to Y, doesn't mean most men will end up with X and most women with Y. In fact, most women will NOT marry alpha males just like most men will NOT marry gorgeous creatures. Just a mater of supply.
So what "most men" and "most women" will do is adapt and "settle" - based on what they themselves bring to the exchange process.

Granted social engineering plays a role too so changes in society will make a difference in what men look for nowadays.

Because fewer and fewer men can be "alpha providers" today, they can no longer afford to look STRICTLY for what they are evolutionary wired to look for in a woman (physical attractiveness).
Many now want their woman to be a "provider" too!
You will find lots of men nowadays stating that they want their woman to be "independent, self-reliant, have a career of her own, have interests outside the domestic area, be assertive, etc".
These are code words for "I need you to bring some money too 'cause I can't keep a family all on my own like grandpa was doing; more precisely, I can't be an alpha type".

There have been more changes in what men look for in a woman than what women look for in a man. I think all women, providers or not, continue to dream of a man with the qualities I mentioned: intelligent, protector, alpha/winner type - mostly so they won't have to play the aggressive/competitive/cut throat game in the labor market, if at all possible. Most women are poorly equipped (psychologically - not intellectually), to deal with such conditions.

Those few women who are naturally aggressive/competitive will still want an alpha type for a partner.
Few, if any, will actively seek "Mr. Mom".

Old 11-12-2013, 11:57 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
Looks alone meaning physical attributes.

So far I know its

Tall (5"10 and over)
High Muscle
Low Bodyfat
Chiseled Jaw
High Cheekbones

anyone mind adding to this?
A side of chiseled chest, abs, back and shoulders to go with that, please. LOL! No, but what we're doing here is describing a definite type. A man doesn't have to be this type to be attractive to women. If a guy answers to these descriptions, he is probably so gorgeous he'll box with you for access to hair dryer and skin/hair care products and space in the mirror.

Nice eye candy, but that might be a little too high maintenance for me at this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty