Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 01:14 PM

784 posts, read 1,981,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
Um, the trend right now is right above the knee, at least with younger people Which is how it SHOULD be worn
I have noticed that somewhat. I prefer mid-thigh, not daisy dukes length, but I don't see why that shuld even be an issue as long as the gender-specific area is well covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 11:14 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I will never understand why young women think this:

looks better than this:

I will never understand it. How anyone can think the shorts in the first picture are flattering is unbelievable. They are the ones that are laughable, IMO.
Those shorts in the first picture remind me of little kids who put their father's cutoff jeans, you can tell they are shorts but they reach all the way down to almost their ankles. I think it is the stupidest look, it is almost as if men should be ashamed of their legs, I don't understand this society.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:27 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
IMO its because women see short shorts as a way to show off a woman's body; especially the legs. They see a guy wearing short shorts and they think "why are you wearing those? Youre not supposed to be showing off your legs, I am". Then they laugh, snicker, take pictures, shoot videos, etc.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,047 times
I absolutely love coming into this forum to be told how I SHOULD look, and how I SHOULD groom myself. Sheesh Im certainly glad I didnt marry some people on this board. I live in Florida where our objective as men is to not be soaking wet for 9 months out of the year. Ill wear whatever the hell I want in order to get some breeze on my skin. People around here actually appreciate diversity in clothing trends, not laughing and taking pictures at someone for daring to non conform. I would have thought a fashion forum would be filled with people APPRECIATING different fashion statements, not slamming and mocking.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:09 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8train View Post
tl;dr

I was always under the opposite impression. Shorts should end above the knee, and shouldn't have any ridiculous pockets.

best I could find doing a quick search..

..maybe even slightly shorter.

imho
I bought a couple shorts like that a week back.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:12 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
I absolutely love coming into this forum to be told how I SHOULD look, and how I SHOULD groom myself. Sheesh Im certainly glad I didnt marry some people on this board. I live in Florida where our objective as men is to not be soaking wet for 9 months out of the year. Ill wear whatever the hell I want in order to get some breeze on my skin. People around here actually appreciate diversity in clothing trends, not laughing and taking pictures at someone for daring to non conform. I would have thought a fashion forum would be filled with people APPRECIATING different fashion statements, not slamming and mocking.
I think the attitude of a lot of people on here is "Well, if you want ME to date you, then you'll wear THIS"

Thanks for the info about Florida. Ive often wondered how the people are down there.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:16 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
"Well, if you want ME to date you, then you'll wear THIS"
My Reply: "Go to hell"

Simple, and to the point.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:24 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I think the attitude of a lot of people on here is "Well, if you want ME to date you, then you'll wear THIS"

Thanks for the info about Florida. Ive often wondered how the people are down there.
It depends on the area here. There are still plenty of closed minded small towns here, but in general the 5 large Cities that actually make up the bulk of the population are open minded. Dont get me wrong we're no California, but its also not the deep south that people think it is. Not in the slightest.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:14 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
I don't like the oversized over the knees shorts. We used to call those old men shorts back in the 80.s.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:56 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,414,821 times
And now they're "young man shorts". With boxers underneath, like the old geezers wear.

Ain't life funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty