Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 05:26 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times

Advertisements

But for anyone who needs to add to their "going out" wardrobe, Amazon's Deal of the Day today is 60% off pajamas!
Amazon.com: Deal of the Day: 60% Off Pajamas & Robes: Clothing & Accessories

I think this might be my new Friday night outfit
Amazon.com: Tommy Hilfiger Women's Printed Thermal Pajama Set: Clothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 05:27 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,625,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It depends on the type. I have this pair, and have always gotten a lot of compliments even though they're just a cheap pair.
Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Denim Legging - Assor... : Target

I know there are some that are sold in the hosiery section of department stores that are considered questionable. Hue makes some jeggings that have fake pockets, zippers, and buttons. Those look horrible.
Yes, I'm familiar with the jeggings with printed-on zippers and pockets. One of my nieces was into those a few years back. No matter what I thought of them I wasn't about to let her know my opinion, as I would never hurt a child's feelings.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
My jeggings are actual jeans, just shaped like leggings. Not leggings with a jean pattern.

When people are talking about wearing pajamas to go shopping in, they are not talking about acceptable clothing that you just so happened to sleep in every now and then. We are talking about Pajamas that are sold in the sleepwear section of department stores or stores like Victoria Secrets.
I have those as well, and leggings with a denim pattern.

See, I think this is where there may be a disconnect. I rarely sleep in anything but cotton shorts and a tank top, unless it's cold then I'll wear leggings or yoga pants (which, coincidentally, are sold in the sleepwear section a lot of the time) to bed. So, what would be considered pajamas? For me, leggings are pajamas a lot of the time...

And is it the same as wearing my workout pants (capris, compression material) out in public? I wear them to the gym, should I wear 'normal' clothing so I don't offend the delicate sensibilities of the people in the subway?

Honestly, I'll just continue wearing what I want.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:47 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
or their parents were ignorant slobs also ?
You calling my parents "ignorant slobs", Teddy?

Old 11-12-2013, 05:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
My off time is 99% spent working out or chasing an extremely active toddler or working with my dogs.
Sorry I don't spend it wearing Armani.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:55 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
One things for sure Hugh Haffner doesn't give a flying leap...

Old 11-12-2013, 06:02 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Seriously. We went to the theatre the other week and the people sitting in front of us had pajama pants and tshirts on. Going to the theatre is supposed to be a nice evening out, and used to be something people dressed up for. While a majority of the people still dress up, I can't' believe those who couldn't even bother to get dressed.
I went to a mid-day symphony performance in Seattle once, and a lot of people were wearing shorts! And the 10-12 year-old daughter of the guy next to me (he was in shorts, too) was bouncing up and down in her seat the entire time.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:05 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Why do people do that ?

poor upbringing !
The epitome of poor etiquette and being trashy is to try and make people uncomfortable.

People who really have good manners, NEVER mention others faux paus.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:09 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have those as well, and leggings with a denim pattern.

See, I think this is where there may be a disconnect. I rarely sleep in anything but cotton shorts and a tank top, unless it's cold then I'll wear leggings or yoga pants (which, coincidentally, are sold in the sleepwear section a lot of the time) to bed. So, what would be considered pajamas? For me, leggings are pajamas a lot of the time....
Again this thread is about people trying to pass off pajamas as normal clothes. Tank tops, leggings, work out clothes, etc. are not considered pajamas. Yes, you might wear them to bed, but your average person on the streets isn't going to know that.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I do not think anyone I know actually wears pajamas to bed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty