Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 07:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,554,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Again this thread is about people trying to pass off pajamas as normal clothes. Tank tops, leggings, work out clothes, etc. are not considered pajamas. Yes, you might wear them to bed, but your average person on the streets isn't going to know that.
Sooo.... then what's the qualifier? Are we JUST talking about the baggy, cotton, printed pants? Matching pants/button up cotton shirts?

Does it matter how attractive you are? I mean, I see a lot of people complaining about 'fat' or 'pot bellied' people wearing pjs out in public, would they be as angry if it was a skinny, fit, 20 year old woman?

There just seem to be so many rules about what you are allowed to wear in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 07:40 PM

35,393 posts, read 20,767,864 times
YES!!! thank you speaking up!!! one thing is to see a young lady in Victoria secrets nice pj's --another some old very old greasy man with dirty old jammies walking around the store UGGHHHHHh

Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,152,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I do not think anyone I know actually wears pajamas to bed...
I am wearing one right now laying down in bed with a t shirt and long sleeves on top. So comfy to wear on a cold night. I sleep in long sleeves and pajamas from Mid September to Mid June. Feel free to step into my bedroom anytime during those months as I am covered completely .

Old 11-12-2013, 08:30 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,379,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
That would have been my next question - the people who leave the house in pajamas - do they get up in the mornings without showering and wear the clothes they just slept (and sweat) in for 8 (?) hours outside the house?

Or do they shower and then get BACK into their sweaty pajamas (then why not dress for real?).

It is not just that it looks odd if people walk around in stores with pajamas, it also gives me the chills to think that they wore the SAME stuff in bed and WILL again the next night. It just seems pretty dirty to me, or am I totally off here? Help me understand ...
You're right on target.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,214,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
I wasn't trying to do any of what you accuse me of. I was merely pointing out the absurdity in your thinking that what you consider to be a 'nicer' style of pajamas is any less an egregious fashion faux pas than what you consider trashy, when both are items that most sane people don't think should be worn outside of the house, and therefore a person wearing them is seen as a kook for wearing them in public no matter what. Most sane people don't think 'Oh, that person has on some nice silk pajamas, so they aren't that crazy after all.' They immediately think something like 'Good God, how can anyone with self-respect wear their pajamas as a piece of normal clothing in public.' They make no distinctions, no matter what you think.
Ironic.

I bet my house you're just fine and dandy with concealed carry.

Now that, I find offensive and indicative of a disturbed personality, but I bet you think its justified and "normal" and non-kooky.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,717,738 times
U guess I should burn my footy pj's.

I'm kidding.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:39 PM

21,440 posts, read 8,639,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
U guess I should burn my footy pj's.

I'm kidding.
Oh, no, don't burn them! Just don't wear them to Wal-Mart.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,717,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Oh, no, don't burn them! Just don't wear them to Wal-Mart.
I know I said I was kidding. I stopped wearing them at Walmart, I'm tired of kids thinking I was a big fat bunny.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:55 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,778,346 times
My gosl isn't to be attractive to strangers at the supermarket,but I notice I do get better customer service when I'm dressed up vs being in scrubs.
Like today,I wore my glasses and had on my scrubs,because I ust worked a 12 hr shift. The cashier(a guy). Just slapped the change in my hand ..no hello,have great day,nothing.
Its unfair.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,938,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sooo.... then what's the qualifier? Are we JUST talking about the baggy, cotton, printed pants? Matching pants/button up cotton shirts?
Do you really not know what pajamas are?

Shop Women's Sleepwear at Victoria's Secret - Sleep Sets, PJ Sets & More
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/womens-cl...amas-%26-Robes

And before you say it, yes there are women wearing tshirts and tanktops in those links. Its the fact that they are paired with actual pajama pants, or are matching the pants, or have some logo on them that give it away that they are pajamas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty