Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 03:42 PM

22,588 posts, read 47,660,494 times

Advertisements

Maybe the pajama wearers do it just to tick off all the people who can't mind their own business!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 03:48 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Most people who dress to impress are doing it to get something from others. Their approval, their validation, their admiration, their respect, their lust...

You should dress nicely because you like to. You enjoy fashion. Some reason that serves YOU.

Not make up some stupid story about self-respect.
Yes, yes, self respect.

I couldn't care less what others think of me but I certainly wasn't raised in a hog house with pigs.either.

I mow my lawn and keep it neat .
To impress others?....NO

I don't want to live messy.

self respect.

Try it sometime

Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM

Usually when people are slobs, others say..............." if you think they're bad, you should have seen their parents"

Acorns ( and other nuts) don't fall far from the tree.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Many times those doing it are fat slobs who can't stand the feel of anything resembling a waistband around their pot belly.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:53 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think I saw the same guy yesterday!

Look, I don't really CARE what random strangers wear out in public as long as I don't have to look at their butt or their underwear or bare boobs, but there's a difference between caring and NOTICING. I notice when people look good, and I notice when people look bad. I don't think I'm all that unusual.

As for myself, I figure that if I notice when other people look bad, some people may notice when I look bad too. It just doesn't take that much effort to brush my hair and put on something I haven't slept in. Oh, and brush my teeth.

You never know who you'll run into for that matter. There ARE people I'd rather not be around looking like I just rolled out of bed. But for that matter, being married and caring that my husband finds me attractive, I brush my hair and my teeth and wash my face and make an effort not to look like a bedheaded bum around him anyway - after I've had two cups of coffee (but I get up before him anyway so he rarely sees the bleary eyed, bedheaded me). And I appreciate when he does the same.
I agree on the "care" and "notice" difference. I couldn't care less what other people wear but sometimes you can't help but notice! lol I'm generally too busy to see much of anything not right under my nose so I don't notice a whole lot either, probably. I see that bed head thing a lot but figure it goes along with the piercings and tattoos. And done that way 'on purpose'.

When I go shopping I look about the same as when I go to work which is pretty darn casual really. I shop where I work and don't want my co-workers putting me up on People of Walmart! lol I've already been on there but not because of ME! Because of my customers though.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:13 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Yes, yes, self respect.

I couldn't care less what others think of me but I certainly wasn't raised in a hog house with pigs.either.

I mow my lawn and keep it neat .
To impress others?....NO

I don't want to live messy.

self respect.

Try it sometime
I have it.

But not bc my clothes are clean and pressed and my landscaping is gorgeous (both are true).

Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Many times those doing it are fat slobs who can't stand the feel of anything resembling a waistband around their pot belly.

The ones I see are usually people with big belly's or kids in their early 20's.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
You probably use that same excuse not to bathe, comb your hair, or wash your clothes.
Lack of pride definitely !
I bath, comb my hair and wash my clothing regularly.

I have plenty of self respect and pride

What's the difference between wearing pj pants/yoga pants and jeggings to the store? They're both the same material, but one is considered 'trashy' and one is considered fine. I don't see why me wearing black yoga pants and a fleece jacket to walk half a block to the store to pick up some tortillas is such a pearl clutching event.

Mind your own business.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:23 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Are you casting pearls before swine, Jet?

Old 11-12-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I bath, comb my hair and wash my clothing regularly.

I have plenty of self respect and pride

What's the difference between wearing pj pants/yoga pants and jeggings to the store? They're both the same material, but one is considered 'trashy' and one is considered fine. I don't see why me wearing black yoga pants and a fleece jacket to walk half a block to the store to pick up some tortillas is such a pearl clutching event.

Mind your own business.
Is that how your parents raised you?
Did they send you to school in PJ's ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty